Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
John

If your average deal size is $40K then more power to you! I've seen it hover around $17,500 based on my sample size of about 500 deals I personally funded (as an ISO and a sales closer for a large firm). I've closed deals ranging from 5K up to 400K.
Archie,

Yes, I understand. My market was mainly different though during the time I sold the product (full-time at least, I'm moving onto another full-time gig here shortly, so I'm no longer selling the product full-time).

I mainly targeted the A/B Paper guys, they were the bulk of the portfolio and I would have a couple C Paper guys in there but not many. I also did some case-by-case 2nd position deals for guys that otherwise would be classified as A/B Paper as well.

Based on this, they were more price sensitive, so I wanted to price them within their Paper Grade. This had me making a range of 3 - 5 points on average per deal, but having a much longer renewal/reload duration, with some clients still renewing to this day that I first boarded way back in 2010.

The average funding amount was also bigger, came out to about $40,000 per deal once my portfolio was said and done from full-time work. 100% of this was done as a Broker/ISO in my own one man shop, without any help externally.

I still think that any guy coming into the space right now needs an actual business plan that's unique, targets unmet demand that's not being served, and with a product suite that can address said unmet demand. A guy coming in here doing what everybody else is doing, isn't going to go far. Everybody else is already calling UCCs and Aged Leads, they also have been doing it longer and know how to scale their operations to get to said data "faster".