Can Capital - Page 5
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Essentially informing people about CAN and mentioning that other funders are going to have their lines reviewed by banks.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Essentially informing people about CAN and mentioning that other funders are going to have their lines reviewed by banks.
    West can you post it or forward me the email I would like to see it please
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdstern View Post
    so quick update on this...yesterday's subs were up close to 40 percent and today the same and the day is not over yet.
    Waiting for this weeks MON-FRI figures

Although not only sustaining, but increasing the trend through Friday, 1st of the month, is def a good sign... That said, carry over, deals being killed at other shops on last day (looking for a quick replacement and lets be honest, who better given certain constraints, namely time), and a number of other factors may attribute to that. Or you guys could just be kicking ass and taking names, I guess we will find out for sure soon enough!

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

CAN has not named a new CEO, CFO or CRO. The chief legal officer is currently serving as the "acting head." I think it is entirely possible at this point that those 3 execs could return to active duty in early 2017 after whatever situation occurred is addressed and resolved, assuming they didn't engage in any kind of wrongdoing.

I am also inclined to think that this was an issue unique to CAN, not something that originated at Wells Fargo and that all the rumors that Wells Fargo is going to go around canceling everyone's lines is probably overblown.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    CAN has not named a new CEO, CFO or CRO. The chief legal officer is currently serving as the "acting head." I think it is entirely possible at this point that those 3 execs could return to active duty in early 2017 after whatever situation occurred is addressed and resolved, assuming they didn't engage in any kind of wrongdoing.

I am also inclined to think that this was an issue unique to CAN, not something that originated at Wells Fargo and that all the rumors that Wells Fargo is going to go around canceling everyone's lines is probably overblown.
    I keep reading how everyone believes these issues are industry-wide ...Lets look at it like this: Bestbuy and circuit City both had identical business models from a consumer-view...One is profitable and Circuit went bankrupt! same with Linen N things went under while Bed bath and beyond is striving and the list goes on and on (TWA vs all operating airlines)...

MCA no different! Some will win some will fold!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    West can you post it or forward me the email I would like to see it please
    Here you go:

"I am sure you saw the CAN stories last week stating the shakeup of senior management and the fact that they will not be accepting any new applications for at least the remainder of the year. There is bound to be a ripple effect in the market and I am sure banks will be reviewing other competitor’s lines of credit.
    With that said Principis is solvent and has been advancing money. We have been through audits this year and our book is preforming above expectations.
    I know many of you used CAN for you’re A paper, I would ask that you give us a try. If the applicant scores well in our model the offer is very competitive, and we will be around to provide more capital come renewal time.
    Have a great week and keep us in mind for any A paper along with CAN renewals."

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Don't see anything wrong with that...
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

How are they so sure "banks will be reviewing other competitor’s lines of credit"?

Also, one lender is suggesting the ISO's of another lender should violate their ISO agreement:

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Have a great week and keep us in mind for any A paper along with CAN renewals."

This Just In !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    How are they so sure "banks will be reviewing other competitor’s lines of credit"?

I guess I have to take this down as Game of Groans over there has a limited sense of humour
    Also, one lender is suggesting the ISO's of another lender should violate their ISO agreement:
    I guess I have to take this down as Game of Groans over there has a limited sense of humor

Blah Blah Blah has reorganized and will now be known as Can't Capital Blah Blah Blah

You gotta love the resilience--it is the American Way--Let's All Make America Great Again !!
    Last edited by Happy Horse Shit; 12-05-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Horse **** View Post
    The entity formerly know as Can Capital has reorganized and will now be known as Can't Capital They will accept your applications and they will make a nice buck selling the info on the side to 100's of ISO's.

You gotta love the resilience--it is the American Way--Let's All Make America Great Again !!
    And this post will be deleted in 3,2....

Karen37a
    Lol he is joking

Karen37a
    That might be true Sean but wells fargo has gotten into regulatory trouble numerous times over the last few years.

5000 people fired for creating fake accounts under peoples names ( fake bank accounts created to win a spiff contest that is crazy, thats fraud).....they over changed for student loan fees and were fined for that as well.

They settled 1 billion for false info for Fha bad loans

They were sued for discrimination ...they use to call the loans "ghetto loans" and I stated from the beginning that I think Regulators are all over them like white on rice.Do you think Regulators are going thru wells with a fine tooth comb and saying ..hmmmm fdic loans / mca.

The FDIC closed over 450 banks from 2008-12.When regulators step in you do not have a choice. Which is why I am against regulation. People thought they were knocking the blkn zoot suits competition out of the mix, I said it would topple A lenders. Because you cannot do business with rates that low, no profit.

People trying to spout off about higher rates etc....there has to be a profit margin and who the hell is doing this for free. I love it when people chime in and say Isos/brokers shouldnt get a certain amount of money, when there is a risk associated with just touching an application...that and costs of acqusition of clients .I have no clue what happened but this bad behavior ( by Wells Fargo ) could have someone tracking a trail of money that they think is too risky considering their "current climate" to be politically correct. And I am speculating.

Wells Fargo forced to open books, in order to keep the line, open your books.All I know is Something terrible has had to happened
    Last edited by Karen37a; 12-05-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post

Sounds like an independent investigation is being conducted to determine whether there was any wrongdoing. Stop new funding to stop any new issues from arising and send senior leadership home so you don't have any undue influence on the investigation, have a conclusion by the end of the year and go from there.

Member Reputation points: 577

Here is a news article. Any ongoing news is greatly welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-cap...ess-1484339531

Senior Member Reputation points: 2241

Book of Heavy Attrition being shopped around town like a Piedmont Park CrackHo. Johns only willing to pay $20 for fear of what's under the hood.

This is a Huge Story....and not a spec of news for a month now...AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by GSilverman View Post
    This is a Huge Story....and not a spec of news for a month now...AMAZING!
    What does that mean? does this mean they are not coming back?

coming back? Are you serious?

Rip

Town Hall meeting this week confirmed we are the only profitable playa.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by GSilverman View Post
    Town Hall meeting this week confirmed we are the only profitable playa.
    who is we?

Mike, it was a joke.

LET'S all chip in to purchase a roadside plastic white cross and mixed silk flower wreath to place on the office door.

Crickets

Breaking News

Newly departed of what's left of CAN Capital.... but not forgotten

Trenton Favor
    National Sales Manager at CAN CAPITAL
    CAN Capital Kennesaw State University
    Kennesaw, Georgia 500+ 500+ connections
    Send InMail
    Connect
    An accomplished, results-oriented professional with proven hands-on experience in all areas of finance. An
    exceptional communicator with excellent presentation skills and the ability to foster long-term profitable relationships with key stakeholders. Strong persuasive abilities, recognized for consistently meeting or exceeding sales quotas. Thorough knowledge of financial industry rules and regulations. Consistently maintain high ethical standards while providing the highest level of service possible. Areas of expertise include:• Facilitation of Sales On-boarding Techniques/Strategies• Evaluation and Prioritization of Growth Opportunities• Appropriate Solutions Implementation• Relationship Building• Business Development• Account / Partnership Management• Client Pipeline Development• Retention Strategies• Risk Management• Sales Best Practices• Negotiations• Industry Trends• Account Intelligence• Reporting – KPI & SLAs• Territory Alignment
    See more
    Trenton’s Activity

Late lunch to avoid the crowd = time optimization 🤓
    Trenton liked

My father always used to say, “Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument.” Good sense does not always lie with the loudest shouters, nor can we say that a large, unruly crowd is always the best arbiter of what is right. – Desmond Tutu
    Trenton liked

Little Black Dress Finalists and Winner Announced for $1000 Prize
    Trenton liked

Should I fire him? I have an excellent sales person that works all hours and keeps our many customers happy. He has worked his way up, presents well and is engaging. He is earning about £74000 plus expenses. Problem is that he has been offered another job. It is for only a few days per month but pays him almost 10 times his current annual salary. He says that he want to keep his job with us and there will be no conflict of interest. To be frank, I am a little disappointed having trained him to this level. But I am concerned that the other job will distract him from serving our clients. Our job is more than full-time. I also think that he would not have been offered that job unless he had served time with our company. I am also concerned that information will leak about our activities to the new job and that I will lose him anyway. A couple of questions? Should I keep him? Should I revisit his employment contract which states that he has to devote all his working time to our company? Or should I just terminate the contract now and cut my losses? Keep or terminate (your view please)
    Trenton liked a comment

Really inspiring quote that I came across today: “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs, Co-founder, CEO, Chairman Apple Inc. Enjoy your weekend and Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    Trenton liked

Our interview with fintech leader and CEO of LendingPoint, Tom Burnside
    Trenton liked
    See all activity
    Experience
    CAN Capital
    National Sales Manager
    Company NameCAN Capital
    Dates Employed2016 – Present Employment Duration1 yr LocationKennesaw, GA
    Manager of the National Sales Partner Management Team:

o Develop roll-out strategies on new products and identify new emerging markets.
    o Promote and share business development tactics / best practices.
    o Build and oversee the performance incentive plan for relationship managers.
    o Analyze and report on partner profitability through KPI’s / P&L.
    o Ensure teams productivity and performance.
    o Build Strategies and plan for marketing campaigns.
    o Primary point of contact for escalated partner issues, and growth initiatives with key strategic partnerships.
    o Workforce management, Change management, General people management
    See less See less about National Sales Manager, CAN Capital
    CAN Capital
    National Sales Relationship Manager (Strategic Accounts)
    Company NameCAN Capital
    Dates Employed2011 – 2016 Employment Duration5 yrs LocationKennesaw
    See description See more about National Sales Relationship Manager (Strategic Accounts), CAN Capital
    CAN Capital
    Retention / Renewals Relationship Manager
    Company NameCAN Capital
    Dates Employed2010 – 2011 Employment Duration1 yr LocationKennesaw
    See description See more about Retention / Renewals Relationship Manager, CAN Capital
    CAN Capital
    Retention / Renewals Relationship Manager
    Company NameCAN Capital
    Dates Employed2010 – 2011 Employment Duration1 yr LocationKennesaw
    See description See more about Retention / Renewals Relationship Manager, CAN Capital
    Bentley Investments
    Relationship Manager
    Company NameBentley Investments
    Dates Employed2009 – 2010 Employment Duration1 yr LocationDunwoody
    See description See more about Relationship Manager, Bentley Investments
    See more positions
    Education
    Kennesaw State University
    Kennesaw State University
    Degree Name Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance Field Of Study International Trade and Finance
    Dates attended or expected graduation 2003 – 2008
    International Trade and Finance

Not sure the point of that.