Consolidations
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Consolidations

Hey guys just coming across a lot of files that have multiple advances . Does anyone know who could clean them up or help me find a home for them.

Thank you

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

If they don't particularly like the home they are living in, call WBL.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3088

If they are A paper with only 2 advances I would start with a true term lender like Funding circle. If not I would try Breakout, Powerup, WBL. Dan from Funding Strategy Partners has a good consolidation program as well.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

If they don't particularly like the multiple cash advances they are suffering from, call us at WBL.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Thanks HDF - although i believe some merchants have potential to have a complete ReFi rather then going to WBL .... I am just looking for a lender who has participated in these type of files to see if we can get them done.

I have herd good things about Evolution Capital Group and Breakout Capital also Dan Page ... Thanks Guys !!

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    *golf clap*
    Tommy Stein

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

Quote Originally Posted by DfrankFunder View Post
    Thanks HDF - although i believe some merchants have potential to have a complete ReFi rather then going to WBL .... I am just looking for a lender who has participated in these type of files to see if we can get them done.
    We have been successful getting some of theses done where the Company was factoring and took out multiple advances. In most cases the factor was only financing the AR. We were able to finance the AR at better advance rates and include other assets such as inventory and machinery. The added liquidity along with our cheaper rates enabled the Companies to exit the cash advances and save a ton of money.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

Caveat Emptor with Powerup, I had a 100k account with them that they later funded a second and third time for 120K and refused to pay me as ISO. Also I thought Breakout was taken over(?) Actually had to turn Powerup over to a collection atty.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

IF they have strong Financials Dan Page is the man you want to speak with. His program when it comes to a consolidation blows away anything else on the market. his handle on here is dpfund.

Also is CAN Capital done funding deals - Word is they have stopped ?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DfrankFunder View Post
    Also is CAN Capital done funding deals - Word is they have stopped ?
    Not 100%, but slowed things down to a small trickle

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Not 100%, but slowed things down to a small trickle
    I have heard a lot of rumors about this but I dont work with them so I didnt know for sure.. Does anyone know why?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Sounds a little like some window dressing time of the portfolio ahead of a coming securitization event?

No Clue a lot of talk that they are backing out - Same thing few months back with Windset

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    So I literally laughed out loud.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

To clear things up (from previous poster): we (Breakout) have not been taken over -- candidly, we are currently taking a more cautious approach towards several position consolidations (with multiple high risk companies), and focus a lot more of our efforts on our A-paper products (including, our monthly pay product). We are funding more than ever (maybe fall-out from CAN?), and we have no concerns about funding constraints.

We are competitive with CAN on pricing with terms out to 24 months, and still are aggressively pursuing the A-paper buy-outs that want to access cheaper capital or our revolving credit feature of our products. So anyone having trouble with current or prospective CAN customers, we'd be happy to help! We also will underwrite consolidations. However, in the current funding environment, if there are multiple high risk players in the capital stack, we will take a cautious approach in our underwriting. But regardless, we still offer a zero net requirement.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread; just wanted to clear that up. And we do appreciate all the posters that proposed Breakout as an option.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    To clear things up (from previous poster): we (Breakout) have not been taken over -- candidly, we are currently taking a more cautious approach towards several position consolidations (with multiple high risk companies), and focus a lot more of our efforts on our A-paper products.
    So what you're saying is you'll focus on clients who are most likely not going to stack again, correct? I can't blame you. It's amazing how many merchants come to you with 5 advances, thinking they would be appealing to consolidation companies. "This is a great opportunity for the lender" is something I hear way too often from merchants seeking consolidations. Then I look at their statements and they've been missing a bunch of payments each month. Real appealing.

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    So what you're saying is you'll focus on clients who are most likely not going to stack again, correct? I can't blame you. It's amazing how many merchants come to you with 5 advances, thinking they would be appealing to consolidation companies. "This is a great opportunity for the lender" is something I hear way too often from merchants seeking consolidations. Then I look at their statements and they've been missing a bunch of payments each month. Real appealing.
    What's even more amazing are the merchants who you successfully consolidate 3-5 positions for (literally saving their business in many cases), who come back in the same position a few months later.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

Thanks for the clarification.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    What's even more amazing are the merchants who you successfully consolidate 3-5 positions for (literally saving their business in many cases), who come back in the same position a few months later.
    I had that a few times, and I really wonder about the consolidators. What protections do they really have, when they get stacked? Throw in a massive no stacking clause, with a $50k fee?

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Consolidations

Ask Dan Page, he seems to be sticking around, while doing some risky consolidation deals over a very long term. Expected to see that product drop off a long time ago, apparently he's figured something out that we've all been missing in that sense.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastFunding View Post
    Ha, that's one way to put it! From a broader standpoint, I view the core problem is that merchants need to buy into a "program", not just a one-time consolidation transaction -- unless you are going to Funding Circle to get an immediate "fix", getting out of the stacked rabbit hole is a multi-stage process. There is so much risk in multiple position consolidations that, to do it properly, you (the lender) need to initially price it higher and with a shorter term to help mitigate the immediate stacking risk, but have a clear plan laid out that allows the merchant to lower rate and extend term as they prove they aren't a stacking risk. We have these programs, so if a merchant is really trying to fix their capital structure, we can do it; but we need to mitigate our up front risk. But, like you reference, many consolidation candidates don't buy into a "program" and just use a consolidation to free up daily cash flow to stack again (frequently, funders will be paid in full and then be back on the books a few days later with a brand new advance). And those quickly turn into losses or workouts because, the way most products in our space are structured, the merchant is already paying interest on interest / fees on fees since you have to buy out the full balance of the companies on there.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    IF they have strong Financials Dan Page is the man you want to speak with. His program when it comes to a consolidation blows away anything else on the market. his handle on here is dpfund.
    Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, we do a lot of consolidations. Not because we set out to do them...but moreso that is where the market seems to be and what is brought to me.

Feel free to reach out DFrankFunder if you would like to discuss.

I'm on the phone doing client interviews a lot (I personally interview every client we fund as part of our three step pre-qual process) so if you cannot reach me by phone, sometimes the best way to get through is to grab a day/time from my scheduler (http://meetme.so/DanPage).

Best,

Dan Page
    Direct: (303) 938-8280
    dan@fundingstrategypartners.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    Ask Dan Page, he seems to be sticking around, while doing some risky consolidation deals over a very long term. Expected to see that product drop off a long time ago, apparently he's figured something out that we've all been missing in that sense.
    Thank you for noticing! :-)

I will publicly admit that consolidations are very difficult, for many of the reasons that Carl mentions above. We ask for a lot of stips (which annoys some brokers but it is the only way we can truly find out what is happening with the client) and we do a lot of pre-qual work on the front end. We look hard at the client's true net income, after digging into the P&L (not bank deposits) and look hard at the balance sheet. Clearly not everyone qualifies but a lot do ($4MM of consolidations in the funding queue right now).

Best,

Dan Page
    Direct: (303) 938-8280
    dan@fundingstrategypartners.com