I have a client I submitted to our normal 3 last week: CAN, AmeriMerchant & GRP. I got offers from all 3 about the same day. Customer liked the offer from CAN, but wanted a smaller amount. I logged in to the CAN portal to get the numbers again so I could customize the deal and the deal had been moved back to review. On yesterday, my rep called and verbally gave me terms based on the amount the customer wanted, only to call me back to say the deal had been put back in review and not available. He calls today to say, another broker submitted the deal on Monday and it was funding which is why it disappeared from my pipeline.

Customer says I am the only broker he is working with and hasn't even made a decision on advance. (We are also getting him an SBA loan,so he has no reason to go elsewhere) He did say that he got a call from someone on Monday stating they offered short term funding and could get him funded.He swears he never sent anyone other than me his signed app and statements. Since CAN can't release name of the the ISO to me, I had customer call them directly. Customer had to leave a voice mail but said he said he recognized the name as being the person who called him Monday.

I don't know what the hell is going on. My CAN rep says he did not call customer and that he is 98% sure the deal originated from the outside. Whenever he and customer speak, he will get issue escalated so he can let customer know who submitted the file to them on Monday. Something fishy is going on.