Almost Bankable Clients
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

TB: one thing to keep in mind when you go to near prime/prime is that commissions there are lower than the advance or short term loan market; most of these lenders typically pay between 1.5% and 3% on funded.

We (Breakout) offer a monthly pay product for qualified merchants. We pay 5 points in commission vs. 1.5 to 3 points with most of our competitors in the near prime/prime, monthly pay space (but, as I've said before in other threads, I wouldn't just use our product for the higher commission -- just see if our product is a good fit for your customers, as we have fewer stips and a looser credit box than most monthly pay lenders -- and we allow the merchant to draw capital with no change in scheduled payment after two months of good performance). While we can beat (and have beaten) Fundation on price, we are, more often than not, a bit more expensive than Fundation (but still quite aggressive on pricing relative to standard pricing in the market), but, again, our credit box is not nearly as tight (so more customers should be able to qualify). For our monthly pay product, terms are between 12 and 24 months, with buy rates that are currently ranging from 1.15x to a max of 1.28x -- for more info, click here: http://dailyfunder.com/showthread.ph...ght=safirstein. And note, if a customer doesn't qualify for monthly with us, you can always "downsell" to our weekly product that has buy-rates starting at 1.08x (and commissions on weekly/daily can go as high as to 12%). If you are already signed up with us, would be happy to provide a more detailed overview of the near prime landscape if you'd like.

You should also add Bond Street and Able Funding for true low-rate, monthly pay products -- both are bank-like rates (but that low rate is reflected in the commission). Funding Strategy Partners also has a good monthly pay for large deals (above 100K). Streetshares has a prime weekly pay product, but it has great rates and is "APR"-based, not factor-based: and APRs are typically less than 30%.

Headway is great, they are a sub of Enova (just like TBB). Strongly recommend you sign up with them. They offer a more traditional LOC with terms (I believe) going out to 24 months vs. the non-standard BLOCs you see in the market today. In most cases I believe, the borrower can pick the term of the LOC. Not sure whether they are currently taking on ISOs, but I would be shocked if they aren't given they are a subsidiary of a public company and likely trying to drive volume.

I'd add Blue Vine to your LOC lineup (they are taking on new ISOs, and also have a factoring product that you can also sell to qualified merchants). OnDeck and Kabbage both obviously have BLOCs, but I dont think Kabbage is taking on new ISOs. The Credit Junction also has great products for larger deals.

For "quasi" or "effective" LOCs, you also have TBB and us (Breakout) that are structured up front as a fixed repayment, but allow draws well before 50% paid down and no acceleration of outstanding interest at the time of add-on. We both also offer A-paper pricing for A-paper deals. While I can't speak for TBB, our buy-rates start at 1.08x (at six months) and the baseline buy-rate is 1% per month (for example, our "baseline" or "minimum" buy-rate for an 18 month term would be 1.18x) -- terms are between 6 and 24 month currently, and our primary product is term loans (not cash advances) and we offer monthly, weekly, and daily ACH remits. And all of our products allow the merchant to draw additional capital after two months of good payment history and consistent (or better) business performance with NO acceleration of outstanding interest ("double dipping") or change to scheduled payments.

In the near prime space, you should also sell be able to sell a SB 7(a) loan and the easiest way to do this is to sign up with SMART Biz. In my opinion, they have revolutionized the way thousands of customers are able to access SBA 7(a) loans.

And if you ever have problem with a large prime deal (or candidly, any large deal for that matter) contact Richard Gerrard (he's on this site). He's given great (and creative) advice/help on seven figure deals that were just completely outside our wheelhouse.

If you want contacts or intros at any of these firms, shoot me an email in signature below.

Good luck!

Carl

Edit to note: you added us before i finished typing!
    Last edited by Cfairbank; 11-23-2016 at 11:45 PM.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com