As I said in the original post, given the how prevalent it is in the market (moreso on cash advances than loans now), I know most people either don't care or will put a spin on our intent in releasing this calculator. This is simply a tool that people can choose to use or ignore, that's it. That's why I prefaced it as I did; if you don't like the calculator or the discussion, you don't need to use it or read it. It should help if you are trying to sell a non-double dipping product vs a double dipping product, but I've stopped posting on this board trying to change anyone's opinion. This is not self-promotion -- this is also relevant to products from companies like OnDeck, TBB, Quarterspot, BFS, and many more -- and our calculator can help sell the product of our competitors, not just ours.

You can see our Code of Ethics on our home page above the fold on our website where our stance on Double Dipping is detailed ("Harmful Double Dipping") which does differentiate. However, in my own personal view, I do not believe it is a good practice in general, but I also understand the stance that, with no early repayment discount, a lender/funder can price a loan/advance more aggressively up front and, for contracts that don't renew, it should be cheaper to go to a lower up front cost option that has a fully fixed contract. But, those instances are the exception, not the rule due to the frequency of renewals. There was no reason to add even more confusion to an already difficult to understand practice when, more often than not, it is not in the best interest of the merchant.

Would you be pissed if you had to pay twice for the same thing and didn't know it? I would assume so, and that's the way Double Dipping works and why we don't do it. You are welcome to interpret our intent however you'd like, but by not Double Dipping, we are passing on a significant amount of revenue but we view this is the direction the industry is going and is a "good" practice to employ. And we get attacked like this for not doing something that is costing us (and everyone else that chooses not to double dip) money. And that's fine, we have a business model we believe in. We also are NOT the only company that doesn't double dip. There are several, and more and more continue to eliminate Double Dipping from their model.

Re: your other points, this is our preface for the calculator in the description which is the ONLY place we dont include both loan and advance vernacular -- perhaps be should make it in bold: "We elected to use a loan to display the financial impact of Double Dipping because it is easier to understand given that the contract has a fixed term and utilizes common vernacular (e.g. Interest)."

Outside of the calculator, we tried as best we could to make it universal -- my team spent a long time trying to make that as universal (outside of the calculator as possible. Double dipping can exist in any fixed repayment contract, loan or cash advance.