Specialties of each lender - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

We've placed some ARF deals through the years and never had an issue. Only person who met the client for closing was a Notary. We still get paid renewals on deals that originally funded years ago.

ARF has a niche. If a deal fits the box they're tough to beat.

On another thread topic, I'm not sure why a broker would be upset about a funder calling the client. Funders are the ones with the financial risk. They have every right to glean as much info as possible before hitting the button. Client calls are an integral part of final approval on a larger deal. Smaller deals should be looser though.

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Or it is a savvy rep who knows how to keep shady funders in check, as they try to take over the deal and squeeze out the rep by lowering commissions down to zero.

The more the Funders can push out the reps, the more they protect themselves against the deal flipping. If they convince the merchant to cease speaking to rep, they can slowly whittle down commissions to zero on the downsell.
    If I close the deal for my ISO, they get the 12%... every time... so I can't say I agree with this at all... but then again, I am a rep for a major lender...

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Shiroky View Post
    If I close the deal for my ISO, they get the 12%... every time... so I can't say I agree with this at all... but then again, I am a rep for a major lender...
    Apples and Oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Apples and Oranges
    how so? you said when the lender calls to close the guy they whittle down commissions, im saying I dont ever do that... the only time my resellers don't get a full boat commission is if I get their "ok" on lowering the commission to lower the cost of capital, to get the deal done (if the merchant balks at the cost)...

I don't understand how that's apples to oranges... its exactly what you where talking about, no?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I haven't heard of funders stepping in to whittle down commissions. When I request contracts on a deal, I've already sold it with the commission I'm expecting. The funder only steps in to process the paperwork and fund the deal.

thats a different situation... I'm talking about, if i call to close the deal for my broker (in the instance that he is being inundated with work or is having a hard time with the merchant and needs a new voice)... I'll close deals for my brokers and I'll pay them as much as possible... I do this because I don't want to lose the business, I value my brokers. I deal with quite a few ISO shops and some guys don't want me to call simply because they want control or they are playing two sides of the fence (which is always viewed as shady) and some guys would rather me close for them, its less work for them and they still get paid the same as if they closed it themselves... If my broker says "no, dont call.." I wont call, but I'm still going to view it as shady, because I know they are playing the game, we are going to have to call at some point to fund the deal, so what is the difference...