Notes from NACLB Conference
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    John and Zach,

I understand what you guys are saying. Me personally though, I stay away from discussing interest rates at all unless the deal is structured as an alternative business loan. I do know the MCA deals with a daily payment are "tricky" from a legal standpoint though, but I still don't mention anything about interest rates even when I have those deals on the table.

When a merchant brings up an APR on an MCA, I just move the conversation back to the "cost for capital" of the individual deal we are doing. So if that's a $50k deal with a 1.20 factor over 6 months, I pinpoint that the "cost" of this transaction is $10,000.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    John and Zach,

I understand what you guys are saying. Me personally though, I stay away from discussing interest rates at all unless the deal is structured as an alternative business loan. I do know the MCA deals with a daily payment are "tricky" from a legal standpoint though, but I still don't mention anything about interest rates even when I have those deals on the table.

When a merchant brings up an APR on an MCA, I just move the conversation back to the "cost for capital" of the individual deal we are doing. So if that's a $50k deal with a 1.20 factor over 6 months, I pinpoint that the "cost" of this transaction is $10,000.
    Agreed -- that is universally agreed upon as the best way to sell the transaction.

The APR comments were in reference to the tirade brought upon us by Mr. Craig McGrain regarding 75% interest being unsustainable to small businesses.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Agreed -- that is universally agreed upon as the best way to sell the transaction.

The APR comments were in reference to the tirade brought upon us by Mr. Craig McGrain regarding 75% interest being unsustainable to small businesses.
    Yeah I know. Craig should know better though, I mean after all his main business is factoring.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    John and Zach,

Joe I do the same thing and completely agree with you.. The only time I ever say anything about APR is if asked specifically and have no choice.. The only reason I brought it up was the ridiculous statement by Marcus that he tells the merchants "THE TRUE COST OF FUNDING" on funding calls, which was obviously untrue
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com