Payoff 2 Positions (net less than 50%)
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by dpFund View Post
    Yes, I do hope we are doing something right. We have north of $4MM of deals in underwriting, scheduled for funding this month, so I hope our clients agree. :-)

And you're right, wording is a tricky thing. I am not a lender. Neither are any of my MCA colleagues who frequent this forum. All of us purchase future receivables. There is a very clear and legal distinction that must be adhered to. Our funding model is simply different than MCA, per the description above. In fact, we are working on making our funding LESS expensive rather than more expensive. One of those efforts is the new 30 month term that substantially reduces the cost of capital.

Search the threads on this site for the discussions on legal distinctions of lending vs. purchasing receivables, if you are interested. But I do understand how that wording can confuse the casual observer and cause them to interpret differently, thinking perhaps we are a broker and not a direct funder.

We are certainly competent enough to build a new site. Just a matter of investing the time to draft all new copy. But it is coming!
    This is true. Have 7 months in the MCA game, done a few deals. The legal distinction is important, something I must get accustomed to considering. Much more experienced in residential, commercial real estate and construction loans. Both traditional (mortgages, fha, va,etc) & alternative (hard, private,bundle loans,etc). So if you ever need help with any of that, I'm your guy.

Pardon my temporary foot-in-mouth disease.
    Last edited by boundbygravity; 10-04-2016 at 05:16 PM.