Lead Generation Website Value
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 20156

Lendio actually purchased the top lead gen site some years back, which ranked #1 for the keyword "business loans" and held that spot for about 2.5 - 3 years. It was generating 1500 - 2500 leads a month.

It makes sense to buy a top lead gen. site because the work is already done and the risk is almost removed. You're able to leverage the benefits of a solely controlled inbound lead generation platform, without paying the cost in time and knowledge, as well as trial and error required, to likely fail. Funders are not usually great marketers, it's not something you get up one day and just become good at (as referenced by the many different failure stories posted, testing out different tools).

There is a Google algorithm change every week, most under the radar unless you're in that space. If you know what you're doing, you already know how to plan and adjust for them. But even then, that doesn't mean you just stop trying, especially if this is your livelihood.

Shield isn't the only one that spent a lot of money for those top rankings, Paramount, Genesis, Wilshire Finance, Amerimerchant, Merchant Loans, among numerous others, threw money at trying to take that top position as well, with Merchant Loans having the most success, and that was only a few months. You have to be very good at hitting a moving target in the dark while blindfolded, and it's not just simply spending a lot of money.

-
    www.UccRadar.com
    Make an offer, I dare you...

I agree with you 100%. If my business was based around SEO alone I wouldn't be able to sleep wondering what Google will do next. Its definitely a moving target. And alot of work.

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Lendio actually purchased the top lead gen site some years back, which ranked #1 for the keyword "business loans" and held that spot for about 2.5 - 3 years. It was generating 1500 - 2500 leads a month.

It makes sense to buy a top lead gen. site because the work is already done and the risk is almost removed. You're able to leverage the benefits of a solely controlled inbound lead generation platform, without paying the cost in time and knowledge, as well as trial and error required, to likely fail. Funders are not usually great marketers, it's not something you get up one day and just become good at (as referenced by the many different failure stories posted, testing out different tools).

There is a Google algorithm change every week, most under the radar unless you're in that space. If you know what you're doing, you already know how to plan and adjust for them. But even then, that doesn't mean you just stop trying, especially if this is your livelihood.

Shield isn't the only one that spent a lot of money for those top rankings, Paramount, Genesis, Wilshire Finance, Amerimerchant, Merchant Loans, among numerous others, threw money at trying to take that top position as well, with Merchant Loans having the most success, and that was only a few months. You have to be very good at hitting a moving target in the dark while blindfolded, and it's not just simply spending a lot of money.

-
    www.UccRadar.com
    Make an offer, I dare you...

I don't buy the Lendio story. I tried to buy all their aged flow back in the summer. They were happy to sell but only had 3,000 total.

However, you make a bunch of other solid points.