Constant problems with Dec Logic
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Constant problems with Dec Logic

I have to say, that 75% of my merchants who try to complete the dec logic process, can not get it done. It fails. So frustrating.
    Are my merchants idiots or do other people have this problem.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12878

99% of the time one of my merchants have an issue with DL it is because they typed in the wrong password. The other 1% its an obscure credit union DL isn't signed on with

No, not the merchant's fault banks will block you if they identify a geographical location not recognized, Sometimes it's a technical glitch within the system itself, which has absolutely nothing to do with the merchant. If it takes you to long to retrieve your verification code this can also time you out. Think about it; guys who still have an old AOL account might have some old computer that has the processing speed of pond water, by the time they retrieve their passcode Guess what they are timed out. I know this might sound crazy but if the industry wants to understand how this works, TEST IT FOR YOURSELF

Quote Originally Posted by CLucas View Post
    No, not the merchant's fault banks will block you if they identify a geographical location not recognized, Sometimes it's a technical glitch within the system itself, which has absolutely nothing to do with the merchant. If it takes you to long to retrieve your verification code this can also time you out. Think about it; guys who still have an old AOL account might have some old computer that has the processing speed of pond water, by the time they retrieve their passcode Guess what they are timed out. I know this might sound crazy but if the industry wants to understand how this works, TEST IT FOR YOURSELF
    I know how it works, it never ****ing works. So frustrating. It should not even be used. MTD act report should be the only way.

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I know how it works, it never ****ing works. So frustrating. It should not even be used. MTD act report should be the only way.
    mtd's don't verify if the account is real, the only way to do that is by logging on (either directly or via a 3rd party application).

I found some banks just don't let the process complete. I guess that's a good thing for the customer.

You may want to consider Microbilt's competing IBV product. The IBV provides the same details as the Decision Logic report-

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Quote Originally Posted by nrh1lp View Post
    99% of the time one of my merchants have an issue with DL it is because they typed in the wrong password. The other 1% its an obscure credit union DL isn't signed on with
    "60% of the time, it works every time"

i have now spent all day dealing with 4 deals, all 4 are not able to get this completed.
    Great software. Two are with B of A one with wells. other i dont know.
    probably the most frustrating day I have had in ages.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2463

One thing I always tell people to do before completing the link is to go the bank website first... clear out all your pop ups.. then log in ( so that you can verify you are using the right password). Log out and then follow the link. In the last 30 days we have had a 74% completion rate based on reporting I receive through our portal.

When it works it works well. Other times not so much.