MCA for travel agent
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

MCA for travel agent

I have a merchant that is a travel agency and is looking for an MCA. they are currently doing about 75K to 100K per month in credit cards he also has an outstanding loan that will be paid off in roughly 2 months with a daily payment of 287.00. I usually use First Data for MCA since that is the processor i use but travel is restricted business type. can someone recommend MCA company that can split fund with First Data

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

What a travel agent does a month gross is immaterial. Almost all that cash flow is going right back out the door to pay for cruises, hotels, plane tickets, etc., which is why travel agents are usually restricted at most shops. That company realistically has about $100k a year in actual revenue before operating expenses. Good luck.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Average Travel Agent commissions are 10-20%. Take that pass thru into account when determining how much they do

This is why it is a dying business. Everyone is going online direct to resorts, cruises, or airlines and cutting out the fees

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csichoice View Post
    I have a merchant that is a travel agency and is looking for an MCA. they are currently doing about 75K to 100K per month in credit cards he also has an outstanding loan that will be paid off in roughly 2 months with a daily payment of 287.00. I usually use First Data for MCA since that is the processor i use but travel is restricted business type. can someone recommend MCA company that can split fund with First Data
    i'll do a lockbox on the first data for next day deposits or split with integrity for same day deposits - offer 50-100% of his average monthly gross revenue at a decent remit%, and we can pay off that first position if he wants. inbox me!
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Travel Agents are great, in fact many are NOT (just) selling tickets and are making HUGHHHH margins selling vacation packages.
    Cresthill will make an offer fast!!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    i'll do a lockbox on the first data for next day deposits or split with integrity for same day deposits - offer 50-100% of his average monthly gross revenue at a decent remit%, and we can pay off that first position if he wants. inbox me!
    That would be a death spiral for the merchant. If you read above and knew anything about the industry, most of those CC's don't belong to them

they would have NO CHOICE, but to default on you

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Anthony, chambo would maybe be correct if TA is only selling airline tickets. I recently funded a TA that took super wealthy to African Safari's and a Costa Rica he would charge 120K for a group of 10 (family of 10). many others sell these kind of packages and the mark-ups are hefty.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csichoice View Post
    I usually use First Data for MCA since that is the processor i use but travel is restricted business type. can someone recommend MCA company that can split fund with First Data
    If you can get the deal done and they don't do a lock box, you will most likely have to switch them (and their machines) and kiss your residuals good bye. It would be great if you can get the best of both worlds, but it's not going to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    That would be a death spiral for the merchant. If you read above and knew anything about the industry, most of those CC's don't belong to them

The mistake here was assuming that he has any idea what he's supposed to be doing as an "underwriter".

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post

chambo i love how i mention pass through revenue a few weeks ago and now you're all about it. yes i know about the industry i am an underwriter, the exact reason why i structured the deal as a lockbox before he can touch his revenue.

edit - and i dont know how it would put him in a death spiral i never mentioned my remittance.

edit 2 - credit guy, please just **** off. not getting into it with you... the kid asked for an offer, dont see any of you big shots making offers.

trolls, trolls, trolls. get back to work ladies.

i even offered to pay off first position, so how would my offer put the guy in a death spiral and leave him no choice but to default on me? he's paying $300/day on an ach advance right now without a problem.
    Last edited by ADiamond; 09-16-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

"with no problem".....really? then why is the merchant out looking for more money? PROBABLY because the first advance is choking them

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    dont see any of you big shots making offers.
    What makes me and Chambo big shots is that we don't have to hang around here looking for business. That, and that we both know a lot more than you about underwriting.

Have a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    What makes me and Chambo big shots is that we don't have to hang around here looking for business. That, and that we both know a lot more than you about underwriting.

Have a great weekend!
    I don't need to hang around here looking for business, but the fact that you think it's a bad idea in this super-competitive industry like ours just shows how naive you are and you will spew any garbage you can come up with for the sake of trying to make yourself look good. Truth is you're very insecure and again, if being the smartest retard among a bunch of retards makes you feel like the king retard, by all mean. please - I will even bow to you with your crown. Some people actually come here to interact, other than making themselves feel superior by being critical and cynical - anonymously none the less - which just goes to show what type of person you really are. Your lack of humility and penchant for putting others down before guiding & helping them proves you are a bully and lack the skills necessary to lead a winning team. You are a lonely soul, alone and miserable. You fill the void in your cold heart by bullying others and that alone shows what a true piece of **** you are.

Have a great Monday, sweetie.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Quote Originally Posted by adiamond View Post
    edit 2 - credit guy, please just **** off. Not getting into it with you...
    Quote Originally Posted by adiamond View Post
    i don't need to hang around here looking for business, but the fact that you think it's a bad idea in this super-competitive industry like ours just shows how naive you are and you will spew any garbage you can come up with for the sake of trying to make yourself look good. Truth is you're very insecure and again, if being the smartest retard among a bunch of retards makes you feel like the king retard, by all mean. Please - i will even bow to you with your crown. Some people actually come here to interact, other than making themselves feel superior by being critical and cynical - anonymously none the less - which just goes to show what type of person you really are. Your lack of humility and penchant for putting others down before guiding & helping them proves you are a bully and lack the skills necessary to lead a winning team. You are a lonely soul, alone and miserable. You fill the void in your cold heart by bullying others and that alone shows what a true piece of **** you are.

Have a great monday, sweetie.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    lol.
    well, you should've ****ed off.
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter