Lender Recommendation
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Best commission. LOL.
    and? I find that a lot of people have questions and negative comments but most f you still submit a ton of business to YSC, so which is it...are we total crooks and thieves or are we the most necessary funders out there( if you say anything other than necessary then you're lying)

Peace Rabbit Im out!

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    and? I find that a lot of people have questions and negative comments but most f you still submit a ton of business to YSC, so which is it...are we total crooks and thieves or are we the most necessary funders out there( if you say anything other than necessary then you're lying)

Peace Rabbit Im out!
    still waiting for the ones that will do high risk and not double dip . till then keep up the good work

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Peace Rabbit Im out!
    Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive. You guys exist because you fill a need in the market, there's no doubt about it. But you absolutely CAN offer a "better" product to merchants, that is (at least somewhat..) transparent, lower rate, fewer junk fees, and doesn't create debt traps due to the excess margin that exists in the high risk model. Problem is, you choose not to. And that choice is ultimately going to be the difference between maximizing near term returns (which, if you've followed any of the CFPB enforcement action, may very well eventually get clawed back by the government) versus building a company that is truly sustainable.

This is very straight forward -- someone, anyone, show me mathematically how a merchant can sustain on a high risk cash advance that renews and renews, double dipping each time. Just one single example and I'll jump on the high risk bandwagon.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive. You guys exist because you fill a need in the market, there's no doubt about it. But you absolutely CAN offer a "better" product to merchants, that is (at least somewhat..) transparent, lower rate, fewer junk fees, and doesn't create debt traps due to the excess margin that exists in the high risk model. Problem is, you choose not to. And that choice is ultimately going to be the difference between maximizing near term returns (which, if you've followed any of the CFPB enforcement action, may very well eventually get clawed back by the government) versus building a company that is truly sustainable.

This is very straight forward -- someone, anyone, show me mathematically how a merchant can sustain on a high risk cash advance that renews and renews, double dipping each time. Just one single example and I'll jump on the high risk bandwagon.
    I have a merchant we've given funds 50+ times. If you give me a call Im happy to send you his phone number
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

I have a merchant we've given funds 50+ times. If you give me a call Im happy to send you his phone number
    Do you really not see the issue with this statement? Why wouldn't you (a) give him appropriately priced capital, on a risk adjusted basis, so he doesn't have to get turned over and over and over, and paying fees over and over and over; or (b) graduate him to OnDeck or elsewhere where he could access more affordable capital? And yes, that question is rhetorical, but further highlights the issue in the high risk market -- customer retention on capital that was not designed to be long term capital.

All I am looking for is support of ROI: show me the math that said he had a positive ROI on those funds. Or even simpler: what would his profit margin and/or growth rate needed to have been to just break even on those funds? All i'm looking for is a calculation, that's it. If it was all three month deals, he had to be growing (or a combination of growth and profit margin) at over 600% per year to break even.
    Last edited by Cfairbank; 09-13-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

You might want to give TransMark a try. Call Jennifer Polito - 800-579-1273. They are be able to do the impossible deals. Hope this helps.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Peace Rabbit Im out!
    And... you front commission, you don't pay it.

And... Nobody called you crooks

And... you are not at all necessary. Quite unnecessary actually. And I ain't lying.