Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
So true. If Jay was the greatest MCA marketer in the universe, he would start his own ISO and be filthy rich!
Agreed. At the same time, I don't want to throw Jay under the bus. I'm not on a rant to slaughter people. I, just like everyone else on here, want to make a profit. All of these marketing guys on this forum consistently sell either direct mail, or radio, or some other new marketing riff, but yet none do their own deals, and frankly it drives me bananas. It makes me get suspicious since the barrier to entry into the world of ISOs is nothing more than the ability to breathe.

Now to answer the OP --

Quote Originally Posted by Just Curious View Post
Good Morning All,

I’m a long time visitor to this site but a first time poster. I’m pretty new to the industry but not new to sales & I wanted to get the advice of some of the industry veterans on lead generation.

I strongly considered Meridians Pay Per Call Direct Mail but when I came across a ppt online stating “For every 100 inbound calls, you should expect to fund 3-10 deals. Average Amount Funded = $22,000” I was stopped dead in my tracks. Are 3-10 deals per 100 leads the norm in this business?

And like everyone else, I’d like the best ROI. So if you had $3500 for lead generation, how would you spend it?
I'm in the same boat as you are amigo.

I started another thread about sales lead generation and had the same concerns. I was amazed to find out that my modest ratio of closing 6.62% in 3 weeks was considered a good thing. So far out of 30 some odd leads I tested with an online leads provider, in 30 days we've basically broken even. This is despite the fact that my lead to app ratio was 30%! In other words I broke even.

Here's the best suggestion I can give you. Take a 6 month approach. Get your pitch, drip marketing, robo dialer stuff down in that time frame. Don't spend all $3500 on one source. Spread it around. #1 goal should be to get your money back right away. I'd hit the leads you do get and I'd hit them hard. Experiment. Rinse. Repeat.

Jay was right about 1 thing -- if the lead isn't on the phone in 5 minutes, your chances of getting a deal drop by 50%.