Newbie with $3500 for Lead Generation
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Banned Reputation points: 306

I almost thought you all were joking... but apparently you're serious.

Allow me to re-introduce myself.

My name is Jay Ballentine. I am the CEO of Buynance. We were recently cited in Bloomberg Businessweek.

Our mission is to use technology to deliver merchants - faster, cheaper, merchant cash advances (short term mission). The current merchant cash advance experience for merchants is awful. We will be innovating around this. Longer term we want to be the operating system for both alternative business and consumer financing.

So technically, I guess you can call us a broker? We refer deals to funder, funder funds deals and they pay us 3% of the funded.

The reason why I started Buynance was because I saw an incredible opportunity to make contributions to what I see as the future of Merchant Cash Advance. The future as I see it does not involve the retail broker. We want to do to merchant cash advance, what the internet did to travel agents.

For the record, I have NEVER sold a lead. I have offered to "teach folks to fish."

I've turned down six figure offers to run folks marketing departments simply because I felt that I'd be underpaid. The only way to really make a mint is to change things - to improve things 10x than what they are now.

This video here does well to explain my mindset as of now.

I am so sorry you all completely missed the fact that in that post I was being generous to a broker I'll eventually displace. I was in a good mood.

Finally - less than 1% of minority lead technology companies raise VC. We were able to successfully raise and close within 6 weeks of starting the fundraising journey because my investors saw the UN-RELEASED version of the book on MCA I marketing I wrote. You can buy it here. However, you will not see the breadth, depth, and precision they were exposed to in the version currently online.

When you pair what I did not expose in the book + technology + an amazing merchant product experience, we just might succeed at helping you find work in other verticals.

The negative tone of your comments are highly motivational. Keep them coming!!!
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 04-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.