Newbie with $3500 for Lead Generation
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Jay, $3,500 spent on 100 postcards sent to cold prospects will probably yield you 0.15 fundings (if you're lucky)! When I did a direct mail campaign, my vendor sent out about 6,000 mailers and I got about 30 inbound leads. You do the math!
    MCN,

I've done the math. Most importantly I've done the testing. I failed at my first direct mail experiment, the second, and third... Possibly the 4th too. Same with dialers. 0.0025%, then 1%, then boom, one day I cracked it for 7.7% opt-in.

The key to being a good marketer is realizing that you will have to fail before you succeed. Also - marketing should be data driven. All it is is math + psychology. You have to be willing to fail. Fortunately for me, guys don't have the patience to fail, optimize, and re-deploy.

Direct mail doesn't work for you because you haven't quite figured out how to do it. Or, perhaps lack the temerity to fail at it some more until you succeed.

These are some very important questions; Who are you mailing to? Why are you mailing that particular group of people vs. others? When are you mailing to them? Are you segmenting your campaigns well? Are you A/B testing your mailers?

A lot of people come up with these ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS direct mail pieces that convert like turds. Beauty does not equal conversions.

What are the elements of a high converting piece? Can you do things to manipulate how the eye travels on the piece to make your primary CTA most prominent? Do your conversions (response rates) diminish if you include more than 1 CTA? Example - which campaign performs better; the one where you say: "Call Us Now!" Or "Visit us Online!" or "Call us Now, Or Visit Us Online?"

You can win at direct mail when you take a hyper targeted and data driven approach. If you are buying lists and "spraying and praying" of course your results will be dismal.

Are you designing a funnel? Did you know that it takes an average of 4 contacts to nurture a lead into a lead via direct mail? Yup, it takes 4 pieces of mail on average to nurture a lead. How do you diminish those costs? What's the best strategy?

MCN - these types of questions and the search for the answers have lead me to believe in my heart that I am the best merchant cash advance marketer in the world.

In the quest to create the widest funnel at the top - we've innovated around direct mail. If you saw what we had cooking - it would absolutely blow you away.

Yes - Buynance has literally re-invented B2B direct mail.
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 04-08-2014 at 03:02 PM.