Who does soft pulls Only??
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Who does soft pulls Only??

Hey guys. Could really use some advice here. I have a client with a 795 credit score, and wants to get a deal done. She is getting a second house next month, and does not want to have here credit pulled. At least not until a soft approval is given, and its terms that fit for her and her business. I know that IOU does soft credit pulls now. . My question is, who else does a soft pull during the submission process? Thanks for the help guys, and have a great day!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 8603 Regium's Avatar

Quarterspot, Ondeck

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

CFG Merchant Solutions will take a look and present a soft offer for you before we run credit if you would like.

We do it all the time with Credit Sensitive merchants. Let me know if you want to give us a shot.

Thank you,

Lior Monus
    CFG Merchant Solutions
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    Direct: 516-319-5826

Senior Member Reputation points: 19288

Everyone

Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by FCG View Post
    Everyone
    Yeah...

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

heh, yeah,...that's why there's a laundry list of who's who in cash advance ont he merchant's personal credit report

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    heh, yeah,...that's why there's a laundry list of who's who in cash advance ont he merchant's personal credit report
    Hold on, can you say that again? What do you mean?

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by loanseller View Post
    Hold on, can you say that again? What do you mean?
    Exactly what he said. When you look at a merchants credit report you see a "laundry list" of credit pulls from MCA companies all the time.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8603 Regium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post
    Exactly what he said. When you look at a merchants credit report you see a "laundry list" of credit pulls from MCA companies all the time.
    That laundry list are the houses that do hard pulls. You won't see the houses doing soft pulls in that list

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Suley View Post
    That laundry list are the houses that do hard pulls. You won't see the houses doing soft pulls in that list
    Obviously.....

Chambo was inferring that most funders claim "soft pulls" but you always see a laundry list of MCA providers on merchants credit reports. I was concurring with that statement.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Sales reps like to say the lenders only do soft pulls to get the paper in...until the merchant looks at his credit report
    Archie Bengzon
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz
    www.jumpstartcapital.biz

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

What exactly is a soft credit pull?

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    What exactly is a soft credit pull?
    When a bank sends you a pre-approved credit card, they obtained your credit score via a "soft pull" which means there is no inquiry. It's usually when someone pulls your credit without your permission for marketing purposes, or in conjunction with a background check for employment. There is also a soft pull when a consumer requests his own copy of a credit report such as credit karma. Your score will not go down a couple points for 6 months.

Just tell the customer to send everything in and you won't pull credit. Then tell him everything looks great, they want to approve you for 75K, and we will have the terms when they check your credit, would that be ok? If they say no, then they were never interested in moving forward in the first place. They're just window shopping.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3088

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    When a bank sends you a pre-approved credit card, they obtained your credit score via a "soft pull" which means there is no inquiry. It's usually when someone pulls your credit without your permission for marketing purposes, or in conjunction with a background check for employment. There is also a soft pull when a consumer requests his own copy of a credit report such as credit karma. Your score will not go down a couple points for 6 months.

Just tell the customer to send everything in and you won't pull credit. Then tell him everything looks great, they want to approve you for 75K, and we will have the terms when they check your credit, would that be ok? If they say no, then they were never interested in moving forward in the first place. They're just window shopping.
    Spot on. There is so much misinformation out there. Yes there really are soft pulls, and many lenders use them now. If you are lending inhouse (not syndicating) you can even get on with Experian and do soft pulls yourself with a verbal authorization. There are 9 lenders I'm aware of that have switched over to exclusively soft pulls, and a handful that still do a hard pull but only just before funding.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by loanseller View Post
    Hey guys. Could really use some advice here. I have a client with a 795 credit score, and wants to get a deal done. She is getting a second house next month, and does not want to have here credit pulled. At least not until a soft approval is given, and its terms that fit for her and her business. I know that IOU does soft credit pulls now. . My question is, who else does a soft pull during the submission process? Thanks for the help guys, and have a great day!!
    even a soft pull still shows up on the credit report .

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    even a soft pull still shows up on the credit report .
    No. It does not.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

this actually exists? I thought that was scheming reps say to get people to send in paperwork. Whats the point of a soft pull? wouldnt they have to actually pull credit before funding? if they find stuff that ruins the deal at closing it would all have been a big waste of time that could have been avoided from the start.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    this actually exists? I thought that was scheming reps say to get people to send in paperwork. Whats the point of a soft pull? wouldnt they have to actually pull credit before funding? if they find stuff that ruins the deal at closing it would all have been a big waste of time that could have been avoided from the start.
    yes they will pull your credit before funding

Senior Member Reputation points: 3088

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    yes they will pull your credit before funding
    Depends on the Funder, quite a few no longer hard pull at all.

Hi we don't pull any credit at Empire funding! Please let me know a little bit more about the deal. Thanks

Empire funding
    1022 Ave M Brooklyn NY
    646 930 4338

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

Been doing soft pulls for years. Had a big argument a year ago with some of the seniors here who suggested it didn't work. It's even in my welcome letter to lock others out. PS: Sean asked me to put them on ignore so an argument wouldn't continue.
    Last edited by John Galt; 08-19-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Member Reputation points: 10 premierecapitalfunding's Avatar

in our practice we have a light credit check on the approval stage that doe not effect the merchant's credit score and do hard checking after signing the contract. I was assuming most of MCA companies working this way, no?
    Premier Capital Funding
    Office Line: 1-877-563-4226
    Fax line: 1-877-340-9184
    E-mail: iso@premierecapitalfunding.com
    Web: http://premierecapitalfunding.com
    2715 Coney Island Ave, 3rd Fl, Brooklyn, NY 11235

DIRECT FUNDER * 2nd and 3rd positions * HIGH COMMISSIONS