Instant Coffee
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    I used to work for an MCA boiler room in 2008 that did the whole prequal and instant contract routine during the 1st phone call with the merchant. They were able to get all the stips in on the same day. Half of these deals died and needed to be revised by the lender and many merchants subsequently backed out. It was a colossal waste of time and this boiler room, which had a beautiful sales office in downtown Manhattan in 1 Liberty Plaza with an army of sales reps, went out of business in less than 6 months. There are no shortcuts when it comes to proper underwriting. The human element will always be needed IMHO.

You're equivocating a boiler room op of yesteryear to 2014 technological innovation?

Didn't you see the post where one of the leading CEO's in the biz has stated that his position has changed on this tech stuff. Why? Not because it started to sound cool. BUT BECAUSE HE HAS LISTENED TO AND HEARD HIS CUSTOMERS.

What reality distortion field are you living in?

The Lean Start-Up teaches us to IDENTIFY OPPTYS TO BUILD WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY THEY WANT. Read it.

The guys who will get sharked out in the next 18 months will be those who listen to their customers LEAST. Funders and ISO's.

I'd be strapped to a customer 24/7 if I had the chance - dead serious.
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 04-03-2014 at 06:41 PM.