Rapid Advance change of policy regarding renewal commission?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    If people don't want to do business with lenders that only pay out on the net, then don't sign contracts with them or have them alter the agreement, but don't sign a contract with certain terms and then ***** about them after the fact. .
    Fair enough, but what if they change the rules after you've signed your agreement?

I agree 100% with what folks like bizfundingfinder are saying. I've started selling these products in November 2009 and Funders/Lenders have been screwing around with rules related to commission every since.

- I still to this day submit to some of the same lenders I was working with back in November 2009. The only difference is that the "rules" regarding renewal and new deal commissions are completely differently today than they were in November 2009.

- The company basically just shoots out an email one day telling you to sign this "updated Broker Agreement" in order to continue receiving your commissions.

- You have absolutely no say, no right, or anything of the sort to protest the "updates" and even though you signed the original agreement, somehow and someway, that agreement is now "void" and you have to sign this new one in order to continue working with them AND receiving your commissions.

- Of course when you open the new agreement, you will notice all types of changes to the new deal and renewal commission policies.

- I've gone from getting paid on the payback amount for new and renewal deals, with lifetime renewals with no new deal minimums for the duration of the client's relationship, to changes that include new deal minimums in order to continue receiving renewal commission. And oh yeah, only getting paid on the funded amount for new deals and for renewals, it's usually paid on what the merchant "nets" if there's a "refinance" being done and not an "add-on".

Again, they will offer you absolutely no say, no right, or anything of the sort to protest the "updates" even though you signed the original agreement and somehow/someway, that agreement is now "void" and you have to sign this new one.

Is it right? Like bizfundingfinder said, hell no it's not right! But my question is what in the hell can small broker shops like myself do about it? I would love some ideas.....
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 08-17-2016 at 06:56 PM.