Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
Ryan,
You really think the social media is a viable way to go? I tried that for a number of months and got ****.
As for the OP, if you are only making 5 points on a deal, that is a real problem. I know the market is competitive, but 5 points is too low. I did around 700k last month in funding, and average 8 points.
I am pretty small shop, me an assistant and some outside guys I 1099 with.
I feel that every little bit counts... im not saying to spend 3 hours a day doing it... but you def want to have a facebook/twitter/youtube account.... and post something up AT LEAST once a week, if your marketing your own company... if it was me, I would post daily... but thats me... plus, you can pay for youtube to advertise for you... give them a 10 second video clip and they will play is prior to videos ppl watch... if it wasn't affective, no one would do it... and i get an ad every time i try to watch something on youtube... im sure its more of a long run type of marketing though, i dont see anyone making any immediate returns... but everything is worth doing when it comes to marketing... once again, though, this is just my opinion. I am in NO WAY a marketing guru...