Cresthill Capital Policy - - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

Have to admit, having sent a few deals that were funded with Cresthill, I always thought I was working with Mantis direct. The rep always said Mantis was first then Cresthill would look at it after, if Mantis didn't want it. Then the rep (Dylan) was replaced. All the fundings came from Cresthill and then for the first time last week the new rep asked if I wanted an Ondeck quote even though I already do business with them. I would much prefer to do biz with Mantis direct and not an outside rep who may also add fees on.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Quote Originally Posted by pytfunding View Post
    You guys sent me an offer of 10k for a merchant, the merchant didn't take it and a few days later you tried to fund it yourselves at a higher offer/price!!!...That's not cool man
    Did you send it to other funders? We've sent some of our in-house out of criteria paper to CH/Mantis before and have never seen any attempt at a backdoor. I know my admins take steps to find out if any poaching occurs, and I will say CH/Mantis has never raised a flag.
    Last edited by TStein; 07-31-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    Tommy Stein

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by Mmarano View Post
    Hello All,

Lately I've received a few phone calls regarding policy - Here is what we do. You have 30 days from the day you've submitted to exclusively work the deal. If you submit a deal and it is approved and then gets submitted by another partner we will share the offer right away with the additional partner. At that point, whichever partner sends us the contract first will own the deal in our eyes. Our industry as you all know is extremely competitive - We want to provide great service to all our Partners, Lenders and Merchants - This is why we have this policy. If you would like to discuss this with me directly, please use the contact information below - I am very happy to jump on a call.

Respectfully,
    Founder & CEO Cresthill Capital
    Mike Marano
    917-551-5273
    Mike... For those who don't understand- What is the difference between both of the Companies (Mantis/Cresthill)? As you know, it's a red flag for most people to see two company names and it has came to my attention from many reps and I had to break it down.

Sponsor Reputation points: 429

Lol. That absolutely didn't happen. Most deals as you know have multiple brokers - So we fund for whoever gives us the signed contracts first. Thanks -

Quote Originally Posted by pytfunding View Post
    You guys sent me an offer of 10k for a merchant, the merchant didn't take it and a few days later you tried to fund it yourselves at a higher offer/price!!!...That's not cool man

Thank You Stein - I appreciate the support.

Quote Originally Posted by TStein View Post
    Did you send it to other funders? We've sent some of our in-house out of criteria paper to CH/Mantis before and have never seen any attempt at a backdoor. I know my admins take steps to find out if any poaching occurs, and I will say CH/Mantis has never raised a flag.

Johnny, I'll have Meyer call you today, and get us both on the phone for a meet and chat. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Have to admit, having sent a few deals that were funded with Cresthill, I always thought I was working with Mantis direct. The rep always said Mantis was first then Cresthill would look at it after, if Mantis didn't want it. Then the rep (Dylan) was replaced. All the fundings came from Cresthill and then for the first time last week the new rep asked if I wanted an Ondeck quote even though I already do business with them. I would much prefer to do biz with Mantis direct and not an outside rep who may also add fees on.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Lol. That absolutely didn't happen. Most deals as you know have multiple brokers - So we fund for whoever gives us the signed contracts first. Thanks -
    agreed most people are to full of themselves and think they are the only one the merchant sent it to and that causes a lot of these backdoor allegations .

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

I had a deal submitted last week by Broker A, Broker B resubmits it, I look at the app, its from Company c, and I look at the app from Broker A, also Company C. SMH this industry has crooked people.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    to be clear mantis/cresthill does have a good rep .
    I will agree with that, this is the first time Ive ever heard anything negative about the way that Mike runs his shop.
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Ok..

I've seen these type of practices for many years. I have out right shut down these type of relationships due to taking the time effort and money to cultivate business and then find myself competing with myself after another approval is sent out to another mystery ISO shortly thereafter. What strong ISO is going to continue to send business when you provide zero protection in a cut throat industry. There is far to much back-dooring and malicious behavior going on behind the scenes. Sorry guys, I strongly disagree with your stance here and it will lose you business, bottom line. I have found the majority of the companies I do business with have policies and protections in place to give our team the time necessary to sell, collect doc and fund said deal. If your a lender and you solicit ISO business then you should have a plan in place to protect their efforts, period.

The way that reads to me is very very negative and harmful to my business and I'm sure others will agree. Your saying after 30 days, my inside sales force or potentially another institution, will go after said deal. Your saying after an approval goes out, a mystery ISO, which could be your sales force for all others know, will go after the deal. I have not nor will not accuse or berate those out their that believe otherwise, your entitled to build your own infrastructures and guidelines. I will however voice my opinion so other brokers or ISO's don't fall into unnecessary traps.
    You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with it's desire..
    You build ego's the size of cathedrals..
    Fiber-Optically connect the world to every eager impulse..
    Grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies..
    Until every human being becomes an aspiring emperor..
    Becomes his own God

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by It's A Wonderful ISO View Post
    Ok..

I've seen these type of practices for many years. I have out right shut down these type of relationships due to taking the time effort and money to cultivate business and then find myself competing with myself after another approval is sent out to another mystery ISO shortly thereafter. What strong ISO is going to continue to send business when you provide zero protection in a cut throat industry. There is far to much back-dooring and malicious behavior going on behind the scenes. Sorry guys, I strongly disagree with your stance here and it will lose you business, bottom line. I have found the majority of the companies I do business with have policies and protections in place to give our team the time necessary to sell, collect doc and fund said deal. If your a lender and you solicit ISO business then you should have a plan in place to protect their efforts, period.

The way that reads to me is very very negative and harmful to my business and I'm sure others will agree. Your saying after 30 days, my inside sales force or potentially another institution, will go after said deal. Your saying after an approval goes out, a mystery ISO, which could be your sales force for all others know, will go after the deal. I have not nor will not accuse or berate those out their that believe otherwise, your entitled to build your own infrastructures and guidelines. I will however voice my opinion so other brokers or ISO's don't fall into unnecessary traps.
    Pearl offers 2 weeks exclusivity on ALL newly submitted ISO deals. We're strictly ISO based so you will never have to worry about your deal disappearing to some "mystery ISO/In-House sales team."
    If you're not already signed up, feel free to PM me for more info

Quote Originally Posted by NoBigDeal View Post
    Pearl offers 2 weeks exclusivity on ALL newly submitted ISO deals. We're strictly ISO based so you will never have to worry about your deal disappearing to some "mystery ISO/In-House sales team."
    If you're not already signed up, feel free to PM me for more info
    Worked with Pearl since 2011, have also had these type of issues in past when Yellowstone was basically sitting in your office but they have since been resolved. We are currently satisfied and continue to fund business with Pearl. Thanks.
    You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with it's desire..
    Becomes his own God

Worked with Pearl since 2011, have also had these type of issues in past when Yellowstone was basically sitting in your office but they have since been resolved. We are currently satisfied and continue to fund business with Pearl. Thanks.
    It was the other way around...

Yea Mark. Industry is nuts. We only work with a select few outside lenders. Mostly everything drops in house.

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    I had a deal submitted last week by Broker A, Broker B resubmits it, I look at the app, its from Company c, and I look at the app from Broker A, also Company C. SMH this industry has crooked people.

You're pissing up the wrong tree.

Ok..

Last edited by Mmarano; 08-01-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Cresthill Capital Policy -

Honestly I'm not sure why anyone is having problems -- Pearl and Mantis are my "go-to" high-risk funders. Legend has also been coming through on some tough deals.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

I for one have never had any issues with Cresthill. still unsure if I'm with Cresthill/Mantis in house or not using Daniel though.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure why anyone is having problems -- Pearl and Mantis are my "go-to" high-risk funders. Legend has also been coming through on some tough deals.
    there you go
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

What's up Zach. My comment was simply based on the initial quote, I've funded deals with Mantis in past, Marcus is always solid to work with. I've been in this industry since Jan 07, I've seen alot of madness throughout the years. Iv'e seen many companies come and go. I have a little knowledge and seniority here in this field. So when I see this, as I did with several other companies policies, I think better more pro-active steps can be taken to secure relationships and the efforts of all those involved.
    Becomes his own God

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Yea Mark. Industry is nuts. We only work with a select few outside lenders. Mostly everything drops in house.
    Are you referring to Mantis, Mike?

No, he was not referring to CHC/MF. I asked him specifically in Direct messages. He told me no. He will tell you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Are you referring to Mantis, Mike?

Thanks Zach, We will match or beat most offers that they offer -

Thanks MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    there you go

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

No, he was not referring to CHC/MF. I asked him specifically in Direct messages. He told me no. He will tell you the same.
    Now thoroughly confused. Do your thing bro, that's fine. But when neither yourself nor your Guru can answer a question or issue plainly and clearly, it adds too the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Now thoroughly confused. Do your thing bro, that's fine. But when neither yourself nor your Guru can answer a question or issue plainly and clearly, it adds too the mystery.
    Mike was talking about my post, where I mentioned 2 ISO's sent in a deal using a 3rd company's app. Mike wanted to be sure it had nothing to do with him. I said it did not.