UCC Leads vs the Yellow pages
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    I hesitate posting this on the dailyfunder because I have enough competition as it is and I need to become a million dollar producer before I go on the lecture circuit or write a book. ( being sarcastic )

People keep saying the ucc's are saturated, the business is saturated, that this business is over etc. Which business isn't saturated? Switching cell phone services, thousands and thousand of Mortgages companies after the shake out, Fast food restaurants etc.

The # 1 problem I see with the agents on my team is that they can not get to the gatekeeper, and when they do, they cant capture their attention in the first 30 seconds because that's all you have.

a) "take me off your list" >> I never hear this, b) ask the wife/partner etc never hear it as well, getting flat out hung up on..rarely happens.

What i do hear is "Loan Shark" And I welcome the response because its like a chess game "Check" when they say that. Then you move in "Checkmate"

If people 98% of people cannot get past the gatekeeper , or get to the "real" decision maker that leaves the rest to the 2% and me , the few that get there. ( these are also the more well qualified borrowers, not the ones who send docs in 5 seconds because they have been turned down 20 times, 5 times thru the same lender thru 5 different isos ).

Also what do you say once there ...30 seconds ..tick tick tick. People are tired of being sold by salespeople ( for any product) . And they can smell you coming. They are not stupid and they know they have a broker on the phone who just wants to make a sale and does not care about their best interest..no matter how you try to fancy it up.

Its kind of like bluffing in poker, you better be good at it when you are at the big boys table or do not sit down.

And I love the guys on my team with the mbas, trying to "quantify" their way into the situation by using quadratic equations. Quantitative analysis, comparative analysis blah blah Algorithms.

You have to speak the language of the person you are talking to.

Their is a science to this. A science to selling.

# 1 thing ** they have to like you, and think you can offer them value and not waste their time like the other 100 idiots that just called who promised the world and couldn't deliver**

I am not going to give up my script or my secrets but here is a freebie.

How about " I am not sure if this is right for you" try that instead of...we can get the best rates.

Thats IF you get thru the gatekeeper and stay on the phone past the initial 30 seconds, without sounding like a hustler.

It isnt the Leads. Although they are tough to get thru. VERY VERY VERY VERY Tough.

But again. Why do you think we all get paid ***Rockstar commission *** If clients were easy to find and their was an automated way to do it, the Lenders would drop our commission to 1% because they wouldn't need us.

There are better ways to get to people ( and all my secrets I am not posting here)

I am going to put my head down and do what I am preaching about...lead from the front make a goal to close 10 sales personally while my team follows behind me... complaining about the leads the whole way, and trying to find laydowns, (and again the laydowns have 5 liens, 50 nsfs , defaulted I am exaggerating for effect)

If there was a contest where everyone who closed 500k in sales personally for the month got 1 million in cash bonus..how many would make it? What would you do? You wouldn't go home at 5pm, you would be calling the west coast. And if my success depended on you..you would be sleeping on the floor in my office.

Off i go to make that a reality( there is no 1 million bonus just commission and renewals ) or die trying .
    One of the best posts I've ever read.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20944

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    One of the best posts I've ever read.

Wait FUNd left the industry, and we just had a recent high to low profile ban.

Something smells..... I wonder what it cost Jay to buy out FUNd's profile.

I thought maybe 1 ucc record per reputation point, but he doesn't have enough uccs for that, so the mystery deepens....