Flow Lending- Are these guys Direct Lenders?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 290 1StopFunding's Avatar

Flow Lending- Are these guys Direct Lenders?

One of their reps calls me everyday of the week. Can anyone tell me if they are in fact direct lenders? They've got an Under 600 Fico term loan product that I like, but I want to be sure they are not some broker front before I engage in communication with them. Looks like they are out of Auburndale NY.

Thanks!
    Cheryl Tibbs- General Manager
    Equipment LeaseCo Inc
    www.equipmentleaseco.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

I'd call them and ask specifically who they are backed by and what licenses they have on file. They have claimed to be backed by a "billionaire".

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they're just an ISO.

Thanks Sean and HDF.
    Equipment LeaseCo Inc
    www.equipmentleaseco.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1StopFunding View Post
    One of their reps calls me everyday of the week. Can anyone tell me if they are in fact direct lenders? They've got an Under 600 Fico term loan product that I like, but I want to be sure they are not some broker front before I engage in communication with them. Looks like they are out of Auburndale NY.

Thanks!
    If they are calling you...and more than once, chances are 90-99% they are an ISO

Senior Member Reputation points: 12878

They called my a few weeks ago and the rep could not tell me anything other than "this amazing term loan for businesses going out to 10 years". They claimed to be a direct lender but everything about them screams broker... they could not even tell me what they needed for a submission...

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

You should ask them what they do with a file if it's declined? Do they send out to other "partners", or does the file simply die there? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with sending out to partners (YSC practically does it for a living), but being transparent about it would give you a better idea of how much of a Direct Funder they really are. Ask how often they approve vs. how often they "send to their partner."

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

I've visited them (which I am often apt to do). As always, just ask a few questions that's all. I don't have a firm opinion on them.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

They have been on this forum shopping out deals trying to find direct lenders to broker deals to. Here's one example: http://dailyfunder.com/showthread.ph...-Consolidation

Thanks again guys!
    Equipment LeaseCo Inc
    www.equipmentleaseco.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

they called me a month ago and failed every question that i ask in order to see if they are direct lenders . usually people get one or two right .

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    they called me a month ago and failed every question that i ask in order to see if they are direct lenders . usually people get one or two right .
    What questions do you usually ask?

Senior Member Reputation points: 2218

They are brokers

Senior Member Reputation points: 3088

100% broker, supposedly they have a partnership with a funder exclusively or some derivation last time I spoke with them.

That being said I have heard good things about them but the whole "I'm a funder" talk really turned me off, I don't work with them.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

I have submitted multiple deals to them. 100% iso. The got nothing approved. I would advise against using them. They just waste your time and offer very little in the way of unique programs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 68233

JHausen posts are from their Admin seeking assistance on deals.. ISO

Micheal,

Please direct these questions to me and I can get the best answers for you. We have never advertised ourselves as direct lenders.
    Please Advise.

Cheryl,

I can imagine how annoying this can be. I apologize for just now seeing this thread. I will contact you to address and have a staff meeting in the morning regarding this. To clarify we are not direct lender but we take on role way past being a broker, we handle processing, pre-underwrite and a host of other services. Again, I will make sure you are not contact again in this capacity.
    Last edited by JHausen; 09-19-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FundingCzar View Post
    100% broker, supposedly they have a partnership with a funder exclusively or some derivation last time I spoke with them.

That being said I have heard good things about them but the whole "I'm a funder" talk really turned me off, I don't work with them.
    Funding Czar: When did we say this? Again, we never represented ourselves this way. We have gotten a lot of hard to do deals done and we're very resourceful in that aspect. There are a lot of things we can improve on without a doubt. We have direct lenders that work with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I have submitted multiple deals to them. 100% iso. The got nothing approved. I would advise against using them. They just waste your time and offer very little in the way of unique programs.
    Christian,

I apologize you feel that way. We are not a direct lender... at least not yet. But thank you for the valuable feedback. We will revise what happened in the submission process. If you submitted deals to us we thank you and yes you are right your time is valuable that cannot be replaced. If there can be a remedy we will reach out to you.
    Last edited by JHausen; 09-19-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Cheryl,

I will gladly put you in touch with a few merchants and iso's we have facilitated fundings for.

Sean,

Please advise no where on any of these forums or emails or texts have we EVER advertised that we are a Direct Lender no have we ever implied that. Our approach is to simply have the opportunity to turnaround tough to do files or declines. We get referrals from CPA.Business brokers and MCA shops. Like any service were not going to be 100% with 100 percent of the people everytime. We've have upfront and transparent in our approach.

We are not a direct lender. But people benefit from our services. Each submission is customer tailored to a different lending product some are asset based some require more financials some are credit heavy. Im sure the person that reached out to was cordial and respectful I apologize if they did not address your concern and yes we are not a direct lender but our services are a bit more detailed than being a broker.

Sean while have a lot solutions, we dont have all of them and we just like to hedge ourselves to in regards to getting the best possible scenario and sometimes its about getting a fast turnaround. But again let me reiterate we have never advertised ourselves as a direct lender. Our direct lenders like LQD, WBL and Funding Circle can confirm this.

What questions did you ask? Please address them to me. Im sure whoever contacted you was courteous and respectful.