End of Days or The New Frontier
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Take what Tucker said in regards to what "credit" profiling our products are fit for an then think of how to Market. In that regard, how many people (Business Owner or otherwise) openly and verbally admit that they need help or don't understand something? We aren't selling - we are psychologically breaking this down for a second.

You have these people who know their credit is bad and have been excluded or placed in a category in society that makes them feel "unworthy". We have Alternative Financing that promises to not look at those attributes as a qualifying factor. Those who have tried thus far have had some bad experiences. Whether it was a decline, false expectation, or the unthinkable- word travels and google is a powerful tool. User experience is the key to all.

It's like- trying to sell something to someone who is broke. They like it, they feel they want it or need it, but don't continue because they know there are more important things but when the time comes- they will get it. If you have 50 people trying to sell you something because they saw you decline the other person and you are haunted everyday- you start to not want to be bothered. You understand that you are broke, but the reminder everyday that you are isn't making you want to go out and buy.

One thing to consider is if you are trying to market a high risk product to a high risk person/business - the sensitivity. Sensitivity to the label society created for them for their credit worthiness, risky as in having a small business/entrepreneur, and the fact that people don't want victimize themselves by showing they may not understand. The "shark" phone tactics and versed sales media pitches are a little played to me.
    True that. But what do you tell an "over qualified" prospect who is dealing with a bank already (and all that goes into the process) that you have on the phone and their attention is all yours? Do you say good luck - or do you pitch them? Ask questions?

(And please don't tell me that you ask them to save you number or call you after they are done with the bank) Any ideas? Who gets after these folks?
    Last edited by HDF; 06-29-2016 at 04:47 PM.

"You should keep dealing with your bank. If you have the patience and organization to meet all their requests, you should stick with it. Be prepared for several in person interviews, 2-3 years of personal and business financials, and start thinking about collateral you could pledge because they might ask for it later on. Hopefully when all is said and done in 2 months from now you will come out the other side with a nice 8.99% 5 year terms. Or, you can send me a few pages of info, I will have an answer for you within a few hours, and wire you money some time within a day or 2 after that. It will cost you more than a bank, but it will save you alot of time and be much more convenient. It will also be shorter term debt so you won't still be paying for 2016 upgrades in 2021"

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by Vfunding View Post
    "You should keep dealing with your bank. If you have the patience and organization to meet all their requests, you should stick with it. Be prepared for several in person interviews, 2-3 years of personal and business financials, and start thinking about collateral you could pledge because they might ask for it later on. Hopefully when all is said and done in 2 months from now you will come out the other side with a nice 8.99% 5 year terms. Or, you can send me a few pages of info, I will have an answer for you within a few hours, and wire you money some time within a day or 2 after that. It will cost you more than a bank, but it will save you alot of time and be much more convenient. It will also be shorter term debt so you won't still be paying for 2016 upgrades in 2021"
    Thanks. That's one way to do it. Solid A-

Anyone else?

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    True that. But what do you tell an "over qualified" prospect who is dealing with a bank already (and all that goes into the process) that you have on the phone and their attention is all yours? Do you say good luck - or do you pitch them? Ask questions?

(And please don't tell me that you ask them to save you number or call you after they are done with the bank) Any ideas? Who gets after these folks?
    Ok- so if a rebuttal is "I am working with a bank" and it is legit your talked and got some feedback, there is nothing much left to say other than "Well, the strength of the alternative bank program I have is that it is unsecured, minimal documentation which means a faster approval and funding, and with your credit criteria Mr. Blah, there are other premium program perks." You then go into early payoffs, lower rates, longer terms etc. (this is all on the fact that you are sending to A/B paper where they belong)

If their closing is far off- for example I am reviewing a file that was accepted for an SBA- it's going to take a few weeks, a gap needs to be filled- perfect solution. Incentive would be the early payoff discount. If there is no hope in having them interested and they are still on the phone, ask for an email, Promise to SEND ONE email with a review of your program and your contact if ever they need a short term fix- you're there to answer any questions whether it's about your company or making sure they are working with the right outlet, be that available outlet.

It's really the only thing you can do. After a few months, hard mailers and maybe a follow up email- nothing salesy. Example- hey- your name came across my list, I know I told you one email, but it doesn't hurt to catch up. (google them real quick- make sure everything is all good) Glad everything seems to be working out for your business! Hope you have a great turn out on your event next week!

Giving a sh*t is grossly underrated. Acknowledge that people work hard and the respect you have for that. Even if they don't need you now or maybe ever, you made a positive impact and that energy will be returned.
    Last edited by WhoisKingsley; 06-29-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.