Quote Originally Posted by Vfunding View Post
I wouldn't say more or less difficult, it's just a different approach. When I was a kid I sold Cutco knives. It was awesome and humiliating at the same time, but a great learning experience. In trying to convince someone to pay $250 for a knife, I had a decision to make: Either try to go after the list of people who have bought these expensive knives in the past to try and sell them 2 or 3 more (a UCC lead), or I could try and get a fresh client, get them comfortable with spending $1200 on a new full set of knives (not easy), and take home a nice commission and a new client. The path of least resistance might have less... well... resistance. But going down a more difficult path can work out too.
So did I! Cutting that rope or the bread with ease was the "ooooh" part. The price was the "eek" part, but knowing you had the service and ability to never have to look, research, buy another product again helped make that price for that knife a lot better than chicago cutlery at times.

MCA has a niche. Those who sell it need to understand it, have a passion for what it CAN do, and service it, and contribute to it. Right now the mentality seems to be "I get the gist of it, it's a numbers game, once I am over my clawback period I don't have to worry and maybe I'll set a reminder for a renewal, who knows what's going to happen so oh, well!"