End of Days or The New Frontier
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    True that. But what do you tell an "over qualified" prospect who is dealing with a bank already (and all that goes into the process) that you have on the phone and their attention is all yours? Do you say good luck - or do you pitch them? Ask questions?

(And please don't tell me that you ask them to save you number or call you after they are done with the bank) Any ideas? Who gets after these folks?
    Ok- so if a rebuttal is "I am working with a bank" and it is legit your talked and got some feedback, there is nothing much left to say other than "Well, the strength of the alternative bank program I have is that it is unsecured, minimal documentation which means a faster approval and funding, and with your credit criteria Mr. Blah, there are other premium program perks." You then go into early payoffs, lower rates, longer terms etc. (this is all on the fact that you are sending to A/B paper where they belong)

If their closing is far off- for example I am reviewing a file that was accepted for an SBA- it's going to take a few weeks, a gap needs to be filled- perfect solution. Incentive would be the early payoff discount. If there is no hope in having them interested and they are still on the phone, ask for an email, Promise to SEND ONE email with a review of your program and your contact if ever they need a short term fix- you're there to answer any questions whether it's about your company or making sure they are working with the right outlet, be that available outlet.

It's really the only thing you can do. After a few months, hard mailers and maybe a follow up email- nothing salesy. Example- hey- your name came across my list, I know I told you one email, but it doesn't hurt to catch up. (google them real quick- make sure everything is all good) Glad everything seems to be working out for your business! Hope you have a great turn out on your event next week!

Giving a sh*t is grossly underrated. Acknowledge that people work hard and the respect you have for that. Even if they don't need you now or maybe ever, you made a positive impact and that energy will be returned.
    Last edited by WhoisKingsley; 06-29-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.