Sales
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Sales

Hi,

I have been in this industry for some time now and can close deals. Today, it's not easy generating decent leads. I am looking for someone I can work with that would provide me with warm leads to close and we can work out a split.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by funding4fun View Post
    Today, it's not easy generating decent leads.
    IMO, this is the biggest single problem facing this space. Anyone who knows marketing to these merchants knows that they are avalanched on a daily basis. Direct mail is worthless with a <.01% response rate, PPC has been severely handicapped by the major search engines and the price per click is over $100 for some relevant keywords, TV and radio is not targeted enough, esp with the dominance of DVRs and commercial free music and podcasts. Cold-calling, fuggetaboutit, these merchants get at least 5-10 calls a day between off shore call centers, on shore efforts, robodialing, and the like. Faxing, well, let's not even go there. Point is, the market saturation is unsustainable. Simply not enough demand to support every tom dick and Harry ISO that wants a piece of the market. If you are a lender like On Deck or CAN that has a sales force, you have a chance a at sustainability, but then again, we've seen what's happened there over the past couple months.

It's a problem, lead gen is a huge problem. Add quickly coming regulation and licensing requirements plus APR disclosure...well, like I said, the best days are in the rear view mirror.

FUNd you really know how to **** the mood.

Anyone else?

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by funding4fun View Post
    FUNd you really know how to **** the mood.

Anyone else?
    By "**** the mood", do you mean talk about reality based on years of experience and education, or do you want the Care Bears to come blow sunshine up your ass about some random company shooting you "warm leads" because you find yourself to be a "closer"? I've got news for you, people with warm leads usually are closers already, and they probably don't need your help, Ace.