1 mllion needed 12 mths
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Reputation points: 10

1 mllion needed 12 mths

have a merchant doing 3 million a mth looking for 1 million over 12 mths 1.35-1.40 direct lenders only merchant
    is showing 2 million neg on balance sheet { he injected 2 million of his money into the business so the business owes him 2 million } any direct lender send me a message have all docs

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Only WBL can fund something like that due to the poor financials. Based on that balance sheet they also don't have adequate collateral to qualify for an ABL.

Give me a call and let's review -- he probably owns some real estate we can leverage to get him the money he needs.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Banned Reputation points: 4530

1 mllion needed 12 mths

Humbug

1 mllion needed 12 mths

Would your client qualify for an Asset Based Loan?
    Bob

Senior Member Reputation points: 68233

I work closely with a Hedge Fund that can help- but they need to be Senior Debt- regardless of the Financials..
    They will Underwrite the deal based on Liquidity and overall collateral. Typical terms are 12-18 months-more cost effective than what you describe.

Reach out if you would like some assistance..

Richard 516 510 3855

www.businesscapitalconsultants.com

775 Park Avenue Suite 255
    Huntington, NY 11743

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always-closing View Post
    have a merchant doing 3 million a mth looking for 1 million over 12 mths 1.35-1.40 direct lenders only merchant
    is showing 2 million neg on balance sheet { he injected 2 million of his money into the business so the business owes him 2 million } any direct lender send me a message have all docs
    Negative on balance sheet? Better talk to Zach, because NO WAY IN HELL is an A paper fund going to extend him $1million.....at ANY rate

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Negative on balance sheet? Better talk to Zach, because NO WAY IN HELL is an A paper fund going to extend him $1million.....at ANY rate
    Chambo, there are exceptions to this. I funded a deal for 500,000 12 months @ 1.36 and the business was in a very similar position. Balance sheet was upside down by almost $2,000,000. The merchant had a very good explanation for it which made perfect sense. Cash flow was very strong and so was everything else about the deal. There are exceptions to this and there are 1 or 2 A paper funders out there that would do this.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2697

1 mllion needed 12 mths

If your client sells on open terms to commercial clients i may be able to structure a factoring facility on this scenario. Feel free to DM me if interested.

Good luck!

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    Chambo, there are exceptions to this. I funded a deal for 500,000 12 months @ 1.36 and the business was in a very similar position. Balance sheet was upside down by almost $2,000,000. The merchant had a very good explanation for it which made perfect sense. Cash flow was very strong and so was everything else about the deal. There are exceptions to this and there are 1 or 2 A paper funders out there that would do this.
    And someone probably got fired for authorizing that deal. I agree with Chambo, the company that funded that deal was not funding A paper....nobody 2 million negative on the balance sheet regardless of the explanation is "A" paper.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post
    And someone probably got fired for authorizing that deal. I agree with Chambo, the company that funded that deal was not funding A paper....nobody 2 million negative on the balance sheet regardless of the explanation is "A" paper.
    The owner of the company authorized the deal because the story made perfect sense. 99 out of 100 times, chambo is right as it comes to this scenario, however there are exceptions if you happen to come across the right situation. I think I would know more about the circumstances of this as it was my client compared to you going based on assumptions, no?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    OK, but this is twice as much money

1 mllion needed 12 mths

Welcome to the world of ABL people. From our point of view a deficit worth because of debt owed to the owner will not have a significant effect. Of you would like an explanation please feel free to contact me.
    Bob

Senior Member Reputation points: 68233

I've seen situation like Alex describes numerous times.. No disrespect to the knowledgeable folks on this thread: If there are assets that are leverage-able - and not encumbered by a UCC (or have a UCC that will subordinate) there are many things that can be done.

1 mllion needed 12 mths

Richard is correct. An underwriting problem in this space may not be one at all in another.
    I've also seen and done deals referred from here that looked hopeless as some form of advance.
    With all of the talk about the shrinking industry and profits available I would think it would behoove the sales folks to look beyond Advances and learn more about traditional commercial finance. After all, this is the cream of the crop.
    Bob

1 mllion needed 12 mths

When the company has debt owed to the principals we typically have them subordinate their position and is not counted as part of the liabilities for funding purposes. Might be a deal worth structuring under abl of factoring if it makes sense.

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGerard View Post
    I've seen situation like Alex describes numerous times.. No disrespect to the knowledgeable folks on this thread: If there are assets that are leverage-able - and not encumbered by a UCC (or have a UCC that will subordinate) there are many things that can be done.
    You guys should definitely leverage Richard G on this one. He possesses superior knowledge on the larger or more complex deals that aren't suited for MCAs or short term loans. He can help you get something done when there are seemingly no available options.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

I agree with Carl that Richard knows his stuff.....very well. However stating that these deals are more complex is just not correct. These deals are just different. They fall into a different finance space then you usually see here. There are several of us that have the expertise to analyze these deals quickly and for us rather effortlessly.
    Just like math 101, if you think it's complicated........it is.
    With the angst about the industry opportunities shrinking I would seek out one of us and expand your abilities to spot other types of deals.
    For the record I would not hesitate to refer anyone to Richard or several other folks here.
    Bob

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Not true Zach.... Just because the Company has a negative equity position due to an owner note doesn't mean the Company does not qualify for ABL. First off....we clearly do NOT know enough about the business to determine what they qualify for. 2nd....if the owner has a note on the balance sheet it will more than likely have to subordinate to any new senior lender, thus being treated as equity until the new senior lender is paid off.
    I would need to learn more about the business to determine what the Company qualifies for..... ABL and Factoring at an effective cost of funds could make a lot of sense if there are some lendable assets.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

1 mllion needed 12 mths

I agree with you guys, it's possible there could be some assets to lend against. One thing to note is that, per the original post, the client is negative $2MM on his balance sheet and he lent $2MM to the business.

This screams to me that it is unlikely he has any significant unencumbered assets... And definitely not enough to qualify for the $1MM he is seeking. Hopefully he has some personal real estate investments to capitalize.

(Unless someone here wants to lend on his equity in the business ;-) )
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I agree with you guys, it's possible there could be some assets to lend against. One thing to note is that, per the original post, the client is negative $2MM on his balance sheet and he lent $2MM to the business.

This screams to me that it is unlikely he has any significant unencumbered assets... And definitely not enough to qualify for the $1MM he is seeking. Hopefully he has some personal real estate investments to capitalize.

(Unless someone here wants to lend on his equity in the business ;-) )
    Zach,

If the Company is doing $3mil/month with commercial customers on terms, I bet they have at least $4mil in accounts receivables outstanding. Again...we don't know this as we have been given no info about the Company.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

1 mllion needed 12 mths

And maybe another $3MM in inventory and who knows if some equipment as well. Open purchase orders which can also be funded. We take all these items as consideration, not just how the balance sheet looks.

I understand he probably has inventory or A/R, but he is negative $2MM, meaning that he probably has liens against all of it.

Kevin is correct, we don't know for sure, but I would guess that everything is encumbered.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I understand he probably has inventory or A/R, but he is negative $2MM, meaning that he probably has liens against all of it.

Kevin is correct, we don't know for sure, but I would guess that everything is encumbered.
    Zach,

Not necessarily true. You can have a negative equity balance sheet with unencumbered assets. We see it all the time. The reason the balance sheet is showing negative equity is because of the shareholder note. Most senior lenders would view this as equity as the shareholder note would have to subordinate to the lender. It would still show up on the balance sheet as debt, but so long as it is subordinated behind the senior it is treated as equity.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    561-850-9346
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Zach,

Not necessarily true. You can have a negative equity balance sheet with unencumbered assets. We see it all the time. The reason the balance sheet is showing negative equity is because of the shareholder note. Most senior lenders would view this as equity as the shareholder note would have to subordinate to the lender. It would still show up on the balance sheet as debt, but so long as it is subordinated behind the senior it is treated as equity.

Agreed....underwriting is a subjective art based on your preconceived risk profile. Leet us fund that which we deem worthy and decline the rest!!
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by Always-closing View Post
    Instead of putting "Direct Lenders" only, why don't you also request an overview of the file to see if it would qualify and whom? Doesn't mean stealing or taking commissions off of the deal. The information provided is just a snapshot to attract a source- I can easily assist you in reviewing and directing you towards any of the below that shot their hands up!
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.