1 mllion needed 12 mths
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Negative on balance sheet? Better talk to Zach, because NO WAY IN HELL is an A paper fund going to extend him $1million.....at ANY rate
    Chambo, there are exceptions to this. I funded a deal for 500,000 12 months @ 1.36 and the business was in a very similar position. Balance sheet was upside down by almost $2,000,000. The merchant had a very good explanation for it which made perfect sense. Cash flow was very strong and so was everything else about the deal. There are exceptions to this and there are 1 or 2 A paper funders out there that would do this.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    Chambo, there are exceptions to this. I funded a deal for 500,000 12 months @ 1.36 and the business was in a very similar position. Balance sheet was upside down by almost $2,000,000. The merchant had a very good explanation for it which made perfect sense. Cash flow was very strong and so was everything else about the deal. There are exceptions to this and there are 1 or 2 A paper funders out there that would do this.
    And someone probably got fired for authorizing that deal. I agree with Chambo, the company that funded that deal was not funding A paper....nobody 2 million negative on the balance sheet regardless of the explanation is "A" paper.
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post
    And someone probably got fired for authorizing that deal. I agree with Chambo, the company that funded that deal was not funding A paper....nobody 2 million negative on the balance sheet regardless of the explanation is "A" paper.
    The owner of the company authorized the deal because the story made perfect sense. 99 out of 100 times, chambo is right as it comes to this scenario, however there are exceptions if you happen to come across the right situation. I think I would know more about the circumstances of this as it was my client compared to you going based on assumptions, no?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    OK, but this is twice as much money