Complaining about UCC leads or Marketing
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Karen37a

Complaining about UCC leads or Marketing

If you are trying to prospect people who have NOT already shown interest in what you are offering, then you are not only damaging your professionalism, but you will never get any meaningful results.

Understand this: It doesn't matter how great your marketing message is, or how great you are at cold calling hundreds of leads… Or how great you are at placing deals and explaining the different types of advances, how they work or lending opportunities , or even your superior pre pre pre underwriting skills...none of it will matter unless you get your message in front of the RIGHT people.

I heard a story a long time ago about a fast talking sales person who was selling Deer scent door to door. He rang the bell of a home owner; As the home owner opened the door he saw this slick talking, slick suit wearing, smooth talker who immediately went into his pitch. This is the best deer scent, top quality, 30 years in the making , yada yada yada, hit all his cues and bullet points ...,the homeowner couldn't get a word in edgewise. His wife hears the commotion and goes to the door, so the salesperson starts from the top again ..best deer scent, 30 years yada yada, not coming up for air until she yells " WE ARE LIFELONG MEMBERS OF PETA" .

crickets ...the sales person walked away with out saying a word.

people keep complaining about lead saturation , how to market to people, how to find clients etc

When I know for fact that the main reason they are failing is that most peoples sales skills are lacking. They are talking AT people not WITH them and they are not in the right target market. Anyone can get someone to send them documents if they have 3 liens, an old bankruptcy and 15 nsfs in one week.

I definitely have higher closing ratios than members of my team, a higher percentage of breaking thru the gate keeper, and higher percentages of qualified leads . Its a question of ,how do I get the better quality merchants to listen to me and capture their attention and partial trust on a 30 second phone call after they have been taken advantage of and just received 100 phone calls just like mine?

Half the battle is to realize you should not be pitching Deer scent to the Peta convention .
    Most of us have worked in a sales environment where the guy who makes 1 sale a month keeps correcting the guy who makes 5 sales a month. Keeps telling him/her what they are doing wrong.

And the guy who makes zero sales , writes a book. ( waiting for him to teach us how to sell deer scent in the untapped market of the Upper east side of Manhattan).

I try to improve my sales skills and leadership ability weekly ( smiling , sometimes it isnt working ) but from someone who has proven results that are duplicate-able.
    I am still waiting for Warren Buffet to show up and take me under his wing.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Karen, you are always spot on and to the point, and you are right. Up until about 6 months ago (or maybe 12), MCA was easy street. The industry attracted the same people subprime mortgage attracted and the same players that scored a few bucks in 2003-2008 saw another opportunity to become "Director of" or "VP of" or "Managing whatever". Fancy titles and a few big paychecks from lay down merchants that would take money regardless of rate or term out of pure desperation has these salesclowns on top of the world thinking they 'sold' someone when the fact is they were in the right place at the right time.

Is there a technique to this? Absolutely. Does real talent close those tough deals? You bet. But I, for one, am so sick and tired of these Johnny-come-lately broker jokers thinking because someone said "yes", they are the genius, wordsmith smooth talking star that can close deals others can't.

The fact is, the industry is closing, fast, and the backdooring is getting insane. I have caught 2 major funders red handed in the past 2 weeks, hand in cookie jar. This well is drying up, fast.

Senior Member Reputation points: 6278

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    the backdooring is getting insane. I have caught 2 major funders red handed in the past 2 weeks, hand in cookie jar.
    It could just have been a misunderstanding...

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    It could just have been a misunderstanding...
    Or it could be a legit malfeasance. Read DeBanked for more info

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    The fact is, the industry is closing, fast, and the backdooring is getting insane. I have caught 2 major funders red handed in the past 2 weeks, hand in cookie jar. This well is drying up, fast.
    It's amazing it's lasted this long... Not surprising all of these bad things are going on. You shouldn't trust most of the people in this industry around your last bowel movement.