New Underwriter/Funder. About 45 days in.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Karen37a
    They are telling you are in over your head because you are.

I am rolling my eyes at all this. I am amazed and sit shaking my head because as one person stated..its becoming a bubble. In my opinion; although bubbles can burst like the dot com crash or Real estate , it wont because buffoons will bankrupt themselves, diving into shark invested waters playing Gordon Gekko on the phone.

I am not participating in my deals yet because I have enough sense to know that I have to have tremendous volume to make it work...or Ill be scraping the bottom of the barrel for any ole z paper loan that comes by, and then Id fund it like a fool not taking default risk into concern not knowing the psychology of a sale, underwriting guidelines , big red flags and fraud signs.

When i first started I had merchants that I talked to on the phone that I would have swore they were sending in their documents...never did. I had Merchants I thought were bssing me...they sent their documents in. So I learned one thing quickly..you cant use your keen perception to tell whats going on.

Just out of curiosity Id like to know your background . You are like the 100 agents who come into the business who don't listen because you know it all, then get bankrupted or run to get a J.O.B. I bet you have a technical background...no sales..back-office ( and that my keen perception, zeroing in on the situation).

The gotcha in MCAS is , everyone can enter the fray and think they can start at the top.

Do you think Stockbrokers walk into a wall st firm and start at the top? Do you just OPEN a firm with no background? You cant because they are licenced. Same with mortgage brokers/ Real estate brokers etc.

Can you imagine how you would react to some lunatic telling you " well I am going to open a Real Estate office and I am going to lend out my private money to people who flip homes, if they do not pay me back..ill try to find out how other people got their money back and try to do that"

In those industries you start at the bottom making 30% commission, then you get 40% when you get better, then 50/60/70/80/85...And if you make BIG VOLUME you think , why am i giving someone 15% when it would be cheaper to rent an office and open my own place. Then you are self employed,and if you dont work you dont get paid.If you get good..agents join your company at 30-50% and so on and so on . And you learn business along the way, and sales, take your lumps, make $$ hopefully.

But you just think you have the talent and expertise to just open a place, and then of all things lend money?And you don't know what the collection process is?

Send vito to costa rica cause thats where the guy is after he closed his business down and absconded with your money. Or go force him to move his money back into his main account because he shifted the assets on you.

I've seen better men go down, casualties of the financial industry.I wish you well in the industry BUT you are not going to make it. Not to be mean but really rethink what you are doing. Save yourself while you can.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 06-30-2016 at 10:38 AM.