Stacking Madness
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

"Why not increase the approval range and terms across the board. Expand marketing efforts. Encourage your Sales reps to go to trade shows and network"

Sure...you put up the money and take the risk. You can go to trade shows (I have been to three in my career) and meet -15-25 solid lead qualified merchants, or you can pick up the phone and get in contact with 300....WITHOUT the price of airfare and hotel.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    "Why not increase the approval range and terms across the board. Expand marketing efforts. Encourage your Sales reps to go to trade shows and network"

Sure...you put up the money and take the risk. You can go to trade shows (I have been to three in my career) and meet -15-25 solid lead qualified merchants, or you can pick up the phone and get in contact with 300....WITHOUT the price of airfare and hotel.
    There are plenty of networking events and trade shows that cater to small businesses and every industry imaginable right here in NYC (or whatever city you are in). Why not hit 1 or 2 a month?! If you have to stay at a hotel........just write it off.

As far as risk goes, wouldn't the extra revenue make up for it. I'm not saying approve Merchants 200% of their monthly gross, just an increase for the ones that pose less risk.

How else to you guys propose to stop, or at least decrease stacking? Because dialing 300 UCCs a day and getting a couple of $10,000 2nd position approvals won't do the trick.