Stacking Madness
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Stacking Madness

Funding pro you are not very intelligent. If you having something to contribute to the conversation then do so, you think stacking a merchant makes it hard to sleep at night. Get real hah shmuck

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

I have only been in this industry for 6 months so I don't claim to be an expert, I do however have some insight based on 12 years of overall B2B sales experience. This is a corporate culture based issue that starts up top.

I spent 4 months at a Broker/Lender whose name I won't mention and I hated it. They micromanaged(counting dials, locking the door at 9:05), the gave a lousy 400 draw and capped it at $1600(withouttelling you until you were there a week or so) offered zero training on Sales techniques or product knowledge..... but they did teach us how to stack!(as long as it wasn't behind them ofcourse). Most of the leads we were given were UCC leads which inevitably lead to stacking, the commission for the brokered deals were weak...It was a total ****show! I left after 4 months and I was one of the last men standing.

I am now at a Broker shop that also syndicates and it is much different. We try to do the right thing by our clients. Will we do second position-yes, but it stops there and we are trying to find Merchants using methods other than UCCS. The people I work with now tell me a lot of places are very similar to the chop shop I wasted four months at. If that's true, than how do you expect people not to stack. No base salary, lots of deals get buried after preapproval, leaving the Account Executive looking like a fool and most of all, there are millions of Merchants out there who can benefit from this but we all chase a small segment of them..like the dentist with 4 different advances for example. Those guys are fast and easy is all.

Why not increase the approval range and terms across the board. Expand marketing efforts. Encourage your Sales reps to go to trade shows and network. Utilize LinkedIn and Twitter. Do you realize this board is the same 10-15 guys having the same stacking debate over and over!? You guys are the so called leaders of this industry, right?! Stop talking about it and go back to the drawing board. This is a legit bubble...a lot of people can enter this industryand thrive, without stacking. Set it up so they can do it the right way. Just my opinion...