Stacking Madness
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

it is as if people are taunting the Feds to come in and regulate. Daring them

Funny you should say that. Before I posted this, I was contacted by, and I am scheduled to speak with someone next week in this department:

Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
    Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Funny you should say that. Before I posted this, I was contacted by, and I am scheduled to speak with someone next week in this department:

Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
    Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
    With all Due Respect Mr Brown -
    The Big Bankers are saying the exact same thing about Rapid and Ondeck and the other A paper Funders. would love you to release to the forum the percent of your merchants you funded in 2007 are still in business?? its funny how you say your invited to come speak at some departmentivision of Consumer and Community Affairs
    Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System After all don't you think the large banks would make the exact same case to a federal board about Rapid and New Logic hurting the merchant.
    Now back to the fact that a large Number of your 2007 merchants are no longer in business, Would you not be like the Stacker to that bankrupts merchants landlord and American express Cards that he defaulted on?? how about the employees and the families that worked at all your merchants you funded in 2007-8 that are out of a job...please don't feel good about your practice by knocking the stackers!

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    With all Due Respect Mr Brown -
    The Big Bankers are saying the exact same thing about Rapid and Ondeck and the other A paper Funders. would love you to release to the forum the percent of your merchants you funded in 2007 are still in business?? its funny how you say your invited to come speak at some departmentivision of Consumer and Community Affairs
    Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System After all don't you think the large banks would make the exact same case to a federal board about Rapid and New Logic hurting the merchant.
    Now back to the fact that a large Number of your 2007 merchants are no longer in business, Would you not be like the Stacker to that bankrupts merchants landlord and American express Cards that he defaulted on?? how about the employees and the families that worked at all your merchants you funded in 2007-8 that are out of a job...please don't feel good about your practice by knocking the stackers!
    I don't think you are completely wrong with the argument you are making about cash advance companies funding behind a traditional loan, but there are a few things you need to realize are different. First, a traditional loan is typically secured against a piece of collateral that protects the lender. If I were to take a loan against my home or a piece of equipment equal to the value, I cannot go out and get another loan against that same thing that I no longer have any equity in. The terms of the loan may state that I cannot receive additional debt which is where you are partly correct in comparing the two.

A cash advance in the traditional sense is a purchase of revenue. When someone secures a right to receive a percentage of that revenue, and in contract is not allowed to sell their revenue to anyone else, you fall into a different situation than when you look at more traditional types of financing.

I think the main difference though, is that when the first position funders are financing these businesses, they are taking into consideration the existing debt on the business and calculating what that business can reasonably afford to pay back without putting them in a compromising position with their other lenders, payroll, taxes, etc. Does work every time? No. But the model is built to work across the spectrum for the most part. Not to generalize all of the "stackers" but it appears to me that for the most part, they are financing businesses with no regard for what they can and cannot reasonably afford to pay back to them, the other funding companies and other forms of debt while maintaining the ability to operate their business for the long run.

Just my two cents.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

I'm confused, I thought you were with YS? Or am I confusing posters?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    I'm confused, I thought you were with YS? Or am I confusing posters?
    I am at YSC. Not everyone there is a *****.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I completely agree, but whats the solution? You going ot tell the reps who are able to collect the commissions on these deals to stop? That's never going to happen because the amount of greed among the haves and the have nots has saturated the industry. Its as if we are saying, "Who cares if the merchant goes out of business? I got 10 more lined up and I'm getting paid"

And don't think that I am busting out a "holier than thou" I have stacked many deals, but I don't do it without knowing that eventually something has to give.
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790