1st Timer - New Job - MCA Closer - Advice thread - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Eh, this can be easily misconstrued. Your top 2-3 reps could be making $200-250k/yr, bringing that average of everyone else making 40k up big time. And this is strictly on MCA products? I think this makes more sense if you offer equipment leasing and other financial products as well. Unless the MCA rep is constantly fed a huge database of warm leads, it is really difficult for them to break 200k. On the flip side though, a good equipment leasing broker can build a book of business and easily make 200k+ but that requires at least a couple years experience to have the skill and knowledge to do that.

jotucker1983
    While I can't speak for every office, most of the broker offices that I know of use the Glengarry Glenn Ross Model.

- In a particular month, let's say a broker office has 25 total reps, all on 100% commission.

- That broker office spends a good amount on marketing and gives the leads to the top guys on the board based on last month's production volume. Those guys usually represent about 5 of the 25 reps.

- The other 20 reps are required to randomly cold-call out of the Yellow Pages, or call on dead Aged Leads, or call on over-saturated UCC data. They are told to do this so they can "prove" themselves worthy to obtain the "good leads" (the Glengarry leads).

- What happens is that the top 5 guys on the board remain up there and have some sort of career staying power.

- While the other 20 reps go and come like a revolving door. The average of those 20 reps usually stay about 60 days before they quit and move on, with the broker office recruiting another set of 20 guys to replace the 20 guys that just left. Any production those 20 reps made will be minimal, and the broker office will keep the renewals and give them to one of the top 5 guys to manage going forward.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Income inequality that is inevitable and self fulfilling

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Wow, I guess i am doing pretty well.