Everest CoJ?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Fair enough, but apples to apples, why would an ISO send a good deal to EBF over say OD or CAN when they know that COJs come standard now? It doesn't make sense.
    Agreed, idk why an iso would want to send a prime deal to a sub-prime funder, but I'm assuming that if a deal comes across MY desk, then the reason it's by me is because the prime folks were barfing all over it for some reason. It's the beauty of the tongue, some people like the taste of certain foods more than others. I'm more of the "See & Eat" kind of guy, so I look to fund any deal that gets approved by me

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by NoBigDeal View Post
    Agreed, idk why an iso would want to send a prime deal to a sub-prime funder, but I'm assuming that if a deal comes across MY desk, then the reason it's by me is because the prime folks were barfing all over it for some reason. It's the beauty of the tongue, some people like the taste of certain foods more than others. I'm more of the "See & Eat" kind of guy, so I look to fund any deal that gets approved by me
    Wait, I thought EBF was positioning themselves to compete with the 'prime' funders like OD with all these "WTF" and "Holy S*it" emails about low buy rates?

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Wait, I thought EBF was positioning themselves to compete with the 'prime' funders like OD with all these "WTF" and "Holy S*it" emails about low buy rates?
    They aren't doing those WTF deals anymore, based on what AlexSMF said above, they got burned on those deals. They're still S**ting, but they ain't F***en

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Did not work out for them apparently. I spoke to my rep about it and he said to me that they are pulling back on their "WTF" and their "Holy S*it" Apparently they have a pretty big "WTF/Holy S*it" deal to a merchant who defaulted very early on. Once again, this is what I was told. Not sure how one deal going south for a company like Everest is a reason to completely switch directions but maybe there is more there then what he said or knew. That said, I have been noticing their offers coming back to be far more conservative than in the past. I had 6-7 deals with them that I closed elsewhere because they were not competitive on 90% of them.