Second Position On The ISO?? - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    100% I have lost deals because they had a factoring deal the would not allow them to take an MCA. Has happened to me a few times. Luckily the majority of the business' we deal with dont use factoring companies.. Outside of trucking and some of the construction deals, I rarely see them
    I used to think the same until i got the data from the factoring association. to give you an idea (on a simple level) go to any interstate and you will see in a span of seconds large tractor trailers rip-by one after the next and majority of the items on those trucks are factor-financed.

TIP OF THE DAY!!

(since john sees so few factor deals)...go after merchants you feel may need products factored and you got a great MCA deal!! enough out of me for this thread!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 05-10-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    ——————————————————————————
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

i dont see them but trucking is only a small part of my business. I seriously think you are making a much bigger deal out of factoring companies then they are. Also has nothing to do with stacking clauses in MCA contracts.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

i dont see them but trucking is only a small part of my business. I seriously think you are making a much bigger deal out of factoring companies then they are. Also has nothing to do with stacking clauses in MCA contracts.
    The US factoring market showed a particularly strong increase by 16.6% from last year to EUR 97.67 billion. that's 112 BILLION!!

Sponsor Reputation points: 429

LOL. You're funny, But not really. I work with plenty of funding companies that fund for Cresthill and we do not stack. Not exactly sure why you're talking about lawyers to me. That is the last thing I am concerned about. I have fantastic legal.(No need for us to grab tape measures) I am not exactly sure what you're trying to incite actually. Did you have a point? Perhaps you like hearing yourself talk. Either way, you have an issue with something i write, you can PM me, otherwise.. just go away. We're one of the most silent companies in this industry, Our reputation is impeccable. Keep this in mind before taking unnecessary shots across the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    First, it is noobz or n00bz, not noobs, and definitely not Noobs. Unless "Noobs" is some German variation since nouns are capitalized in German.

I'll also note that there are plenty of veterans that get "the rules" totally wrong too. They seem to conflate having always done it their way for their way being the correct way.

Last, I'll add my $0.02 and say that any ISO that stacks on us is terminated, regardless of how much business they bring to the table. ISO relationships are governed by contracts. If you selectively enforce your contract between you and your ISO there is no point having one. There's a reason lawyers by and large run banks, and it is because all finance relationships are contractually based. Live up to your contracted terms, period. Try to get cute and you'll get lawyered.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    The US factoring market showed a particularly strong increase by 16.6% from last year to EUR 97.67 billion. that's 112 BILLION!!
    I have enough things to worry about on deals without worrying about things that come up very rarely. The majority of the companies I fund are not in a position to factor so again I think you are looking for trouble that doesn't exist
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

John, Meyer is trollling.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Quote Originally Posted by Mmarano View Post
    LOL. You're funny, But not really. I work with plenty of funding companies that fund for Cresthill and we do not stack. Not exactly sure why you're talking about lawyers to me. That is the last thing I am concerned about. I have fantastic legal.(No need for us to grab tape measures) I am not exactly sure what you're trying to incite actually. Did you have a point? Perhaps you like hearing yourself talk. Either way, you have an issue with something i write, you can PM me, otherwise.. just go away. We're one of the most silent companies in this industry, Our reputation is impeccable. Keep this in mind before taking unnecessary shots across the bow.
    He made his point for the forum. You protest too much. Nobody is attacking you Mikey.

Fair enough, But the whole "noobs" "Noobz" "German" is unnecessary and insulting.
    He quoted my 4 word comment to write a book. How else would I take it? Lol. All good. I am not stressing.

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    He made his point for the forum. You protest too much. Nobody is attacking you Mikey.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Fewer deals overall. Their amounts tend to be much, much larger though. The overlap with cash advance is a small fraction of the overall factoring business

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

unnecessary and insulting.
    Did you have a point? Perhaps you like hearing yourself talk. Either way, you have an issue with something i write, you can PM me, otherwise.. just go away. [...] Keep this in mind before taking unnecessary shots across the bow.
    Self awareness is hard.

As HDF pointed out, by points were general and not directed at you besides the fun little aside about an internet meme, which you took entirely too seriously.

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Fair enough. You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    Self awareness is hard.

As HDF pointed out, by points were general and not directed at you besides the fun little aside about an internet meme, which you took entirely too seriously.

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

how I love happy endings
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

<3

how I love happy endings

how I love happy endings
    Me 2!

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

I love hearing Noobs talk about "The Rules" Lol.
    Not going to start a fight here, Mike, but I've been buying, selling, raising capital for, and restructuring companies in this space (MCA and alternative lending, including many of the bigger players) since 2007. Is Breakout new? Yes, we started at the beginning of last year, but we have quite a bit of industry experience (in addition to mine) across MCA and alternative finance. Like you said below in your response to one of the other posters, just trying to set the record straight.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Wonderful. If you're ever in South Florida, Stop over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    Not going to start a fight here, Mike, but I've been buying, selling, raising capital for, and restructuring companies in this space (MCA and alternative lending, including many of the bigger players) since 2007. Is Breakout new? Yes, we started at the beginning of last year, but we have quite a bit of industry experience (in addition to mine) across MCA and alternative finance. Like you said below in your response to one of the other posters, just trying to set the record straight.

Member Reputation points: 1055 arezalmighty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cfairbank View Post
    Wonderful. If you're ever in South Florida, Stop over.
    What's beef?

Quote Originally Posted by arezalmighty View Post
    What's beef?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Quote Originally Posted by arezalmighty View Post
    What's beef?
    No beef (at least on my end), just different business models.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

The whole practice of ISOs funding with us and then taking the same merchant to another person 2 days later is totally messed up, and I'll tell you why....As an ISO you are betraying the trust that we should have in our relationship and furthermore none of us funders can have any idea what 1 balance let alone 3 in such a short span will do to a merchant. So you as an iso are willing to screw over three relationships for commissions.