CAN doing away with PreQual Exclusivity
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 290 1StopFunding's Avatar

CAN doing away with PreQual Exclusivity

Spoke to my rep this morning and was told that come Monday, they're doing away with prequal exclusivity. He said a lot of the bigger shops are tying up the system by getting prequals in, but not going to contract. So they want to let some of the smaller guys get an opportunity to contract those deals. There will still be 90 days exclusivity once a contract is in.
    Cheryl Tibbs- General Manager
    Equipment LeaseCo Inc
    www.equipmentleaseco.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 903 Scott Williams's Avatar

Interesting....not sure I like that. I still like to have a short protection period if I got the application in first.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1StopFunding View Post
    Spoke to my rep this morning and was told that come Monday, they're doing away with prequal exclusivity. He said a lot of the bigger shops are tying up the system by getting prequals in, but not going to contract. So they want to let some of the smaller guys get an opportunity to contract those deals. There will still be 90 days exclusivity once a contract is in.
    First one back with signed contracts wins....nothing new here, most of the others funds work this way

Sponsor Reputation points: 429

Can capital pays great commissions.. That is if they accept your business. They don't take everyone.

Doing a lot of pre-qual's with no funded deals is kinda a big waste of time if you are a lender rep.

im sure their metric reports showed alot of prequals but no fundings. something had to give. this will put the pressure on sales offices to close the business with them vs allowing them to shop the deal for days.