APR disclosure
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 16735

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by channin19 View Post
    Merchants that are not lied to already know how expensive this money is. This will change nothing. If you are selling rate in this business, you have already failed.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

On Deck, Kabbage and CAN......and so it starts

This is a pathetic marketing attempt. The reason On Deck and CAN (I can't speak of Kabbage) have terrible numbers is because they suck at sales.

This is just a ploy they believe will give an edge to their in house sales reps. They spent all sorts of money to do it. And have no idea that any decent salesman can DESTROY it and use it to win the deal.

This is what happens when you have MBA's running a business and not sales stars. They no idea how to win the deal and I'd bet they are certain EXPERT salesmen are overrated and overpaid.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3087

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    This is a pathetic marketing attempt. The reason On Deck and CAN (I can't speak of Kabbage) have terrible numbers is because they suck at sales.

This is just a ploy they believe will give an edge to their in house sales reps. They spent all sorts of money to do it. And have no idea that any decent salesman can DESTROY it and use it to win the deal.

This is what happens when you have MBA's running a business and not sales stars. They no idea how to win the deal and I'd bet they are certain EXPERT salesmen are overrated and overpaid.
    Hi pumpkin, I'm an MBA from quite a fancy pants school and would wager i could outsell you 80% of the time.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3087

That said, clearly 1099s will crush anyone with a base and salespeople with limited education will also crush it. I have tremendous respect for them.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    The reason On Deck and CAN (I can't speak of Kabbage) have terrible numbers is because they suck at sales. .
    Wait what? I want to hear about these 'terrible numbers' from the two largest companies in our industry.