Forward Financial Pay Off Letter
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Forward Financial Pay Off Letter

Hi all,

I need a pay off letter from Forward Financing in order to see their pay off instructions. They're refusing to send my merchant the pay off letter in hopes to underwrite him first, which I completely understand. But in the mean time, does anyone have a pay off letter from Forward Financial that they can send me (any private information can be blacked out) in order for me to get this deal funded? I would most appreciate it.

Many thanks!
    Last edited by tshah; 05-04-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Not 100% sure what your goal is but your post can easily be interpreted that you want a pay off letter to edit so you can get a deal funded. If that is what you are looking to do, that is fraud. If not, I would recommend making your intentions more clear.

The company I'm funding the deal with said they can fund the deal if we get pay off instructions. Since I do not have a pay off letter myself, I thought I might reach out to the greater community. But, thank you very much for your concern and looking out for me.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2126

sounds a bit fishy!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by tshah View Post
    Hi all,

I need a pay off letter from Forward Financing in order to see their pay off instructions. They're refusing to send my merchant the pay off letter in hopes to underwrite him first, which I completely understand. But in the mean time, does anyone have a pay off letter from Forward Financial that they can send me (any private information can be blacked out) in order for me to get this deal funded? I would most appreciate it.

Many thanks!
    Most funders verify payoff letters, so your little scumbag plan to fraud someone out of some capital wont work sport.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Most funders verify payoff letters, so your little scumbag plan to fraud someone out of some capital wont work sport.
    That's great, the funder asked me to get the pay off letter - so I hope they do verify it. For the second time, I would never participate in any fraud and I'm sorry it seems that way. But again, I do appreciate your input.

That's great, the funder asked me to get the pay off letter - so I hope they do verify it. For the second time, I would never participate in any fraud and I'm sorry it seems that way. But again, I do appreciate your input.
    So get the payoff letter. Why do you need to see the formatting?

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    So get the payoff letter. Why do you need to see the formatting?
    The pay off letter has the pay off instructions on it. If anyone has that, then that would work too. I'm just relaying information that the funder told me to get. Forward said they won't give a pay off letter until next week and keep requesting statements, so clearly they are trying to underwrite and present the merchant numbers first. I told him he can send it to them, but he wants the funding today - this is the only way the lender is willing to make it happen. If you think you can help me with this feel free to directly message me. Thanks again.

The pay off letter has the pay off instructions on it. If anyone has that, then that would work too. I'm just relaying information that the funder told me to get. Forward said they won't give a pay off letter until next week and keep requesting statements, so clearly they are trying to underwrite and present the merchant numbers first. I told him he can send it to them, but he wants the funding today - this is the only way the lender is willing to make it happen. If you think you can help me with this feel free to directly message me. Thanks again.
    This is very typical. The captive funder will almost always slow roll you to pitch their merchant before they let some little broker steal their renewal. Welcome to MCA.

Karen37a
    Have your client email the company, then Call the company that is refusing to give the payoff letter and tell them that your client wants it. Or 3 way call it. A lot of lenders do that

Technically if lenders play these games with payoff letters and someone complains, it can hinder their ability to perfect loans going forwards

You can not make up your own payoff letter it is out of compliance
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-05-2016 at 05:53 PM.