How do you get linked up with these lending companies?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

How do you get linked up with these lending companies?

Just curious, I'm currently working as an agent for a company that submits deals to the lenders (Yellowstone, Retail Capital, Snap, etc.)

If I can find a way to generate my own leads, is there a way I can go into business for myself and submit the deals directly? Will they even give me the time of day? How do I cut out the middle man and do business directly with the lender?

Any help would be appreciated.

Expert opinions - and criticisms - welcomed.

Thank you.

We would love to do business with you. Please contact me and I will go over our programs. We are a direct lender!

Max Advance is funding all industries. As long as they can afford it, we will fund it. Recently revised underwriting guidelines are allowing for more aggressive funding.

Steven Hauptman
    Director of Business Development
    Tel: 866-629-4464 ext. 214
    Cell: 516-458-4462
    Fax: 917-368-6943
    Email: S.Hauptman@MaxAdvance.com
    Last edited by admin; 04-27-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: additional info

Senior Member Reputation points: 903 Scott Williams's Avatar

Any funder would love to work with you but your current employer will not like that one bit. Be ready to get fired if they find out. They will assume you are back dooring deals on them. It would be better to quit your current employer and go out on your own.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Just curious, I'm currently working as an agent for a company that submits deals to the lenders (Yellowstone, Retail Capital, Snap, etc.)

If I can find a way to generate my own leads, is there a way I can go into business for myself and submit the deals directly? Will they even give me the time of day? How do I cut out the middle man and do business directly with the lender?

Any help would be appreciated.

Expert opinions - and criticisms - welcomed.

Thank you.
    You can probably set up a direct relationship with every funding company out there. The real question is what does your company offer you in terms of leads, training, support, buying power and clout. Leads are the core of the ISO/Agent business and if you think you can replicate what your employer is doing very easily, you better be sure before you make a decision. Also you may not get the same deal your company gets and your employer should be able to leverage their volume to get borderline deals done and get exceptions made.

Many independent and successful closers have left their "jobs" only to find out the reason for their success was entirely based on the tools the company provided them with. Similarly, many companies offer their agents very little and take advantage of their closers hard work while only providing a desk, phone, computer and the yellow pages.

It's not about if you can generate leads on your own, but what it will take to build a successful and scalable business. There are so many 1 or 4 man ISO shops out there, but many of them don't scale properly because they are clipping out every time a commission gets paid. Sure you can get paid more in the short term, but you have no way of leveraging yourself in the highly competitive market 2 to 5 years from now. Just my two cents.

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lendinero View Post
    It's not about if you can generate leads on your own, but what it will take to build a successful and scalable business. There are so many 1 or 4 man ISO shops out there, but many of them don't scale properly because they are clipping out every time a commission gets paid. Sure you can get paid more in the short term, but you have no way of leveraging yourself in the highly competitive market 2 to 5 years from now. Just my two cents.
    "Clipping out"..??

Funding pro, I TOTALLY agree with you...

I do however feel that if you can close a deal on you own and generate the business, there should be no reason you can't "do it yourself"... If you have access to decent leads (you can even mine your own... manta *cough* manta *cough*) and know the business and the product then you should be OK... In the end, I think it really depends on experience and "drive"...

Go Get 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Shiroky View Post
    "Clipping out"..??
    Putting all the money in your pocket and leaving the business with none.

i would love to talk to you if you have a second. Jake 646-943-2203

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

If you have some experience, it's pretty easy to set up shop. All the ISO owners out there were probably in your shoes at one time or another. I was an agent working for a larger shop not too long ago. You'll need to properly resign from your current position (you don't want to burn any bridges), incorporate your business and start calling the funders you want to work with and start dialing for dollars!

Monty, you may want to be sure that you don't have a non-compete. Also marketing cost are extremely expensive. If you are good generating your own leads then you might have a chance.

hi my name is Ru I was in nyc for a week a seen a friend make 4k in a week as a lending broker . I was wondering if anyone knew of any lending jobs in Atlanta, ga ? or can help me get started ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by lilru911 View Post
    hi my name is Ru I was in nyc for a week a seen a friend make 4k in a week as a lending broker . I was wondering if anyone knew of any lending jobs in Atlanta, ga ? or can help me get started ?
    Atlanta is the home of many Brokers and Funding Groups..try Superior Capital Robert Gaskin...