Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
....How about you get a job working for someone work your ass off and learn before deciding to open your own office. It is amazing to me how people just seem to wake up one morning and say
DO I HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN THE MCA INDUSTRY???? NO
DO I HAVE ANY INDUSTRY CONNECTIONS???? NO
DO I KNOW WHAT A CASH ADVANCE IS??? NO
AM I GOING TO OPEN A CASH ADVANCE ISO??? YES YES YES

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THIS
In my opinion John Celifarco, we (as an industry) are to blame for this.

- We've established no barrier to entry into the industry

- We recruit anybody with a pulse and a heartbeat

- The same recruiting message is used in regards to how you can leave your Burger King drive thru job, "dedicate 40 hours a week" calling UCCs, and make $200,000 a year. You can pay off your credit card debt! You can pay off your student loans! You can move out of your mother's basement!

- Most direct funders and lenders do absolutely no background checks on who they allow to resell their services. They don't pull credit, they don't do a criminal check, they don't do a civil judgment check, they don't know well capitalized the office is, hell, most of them don't even remember the name of the broker after they send back the ISO agreement.

So guys like Billy Joe from the Burger King drive-thru, keeps running into our industry working off of his partywithbilly@yahoo.com email addres, because he sees it as a get rich quick scheme. And he sees it as such because that's how we (as an industry) recruit people.

We don't respect ourselves, so why should Billy Joe respect us?