"Hi, Rob? I'm A Direct Lender"
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Angry "Hi, Rob? I'm A Direct Lender"

I got a call earlier this month from www.cashcapital.com the guy's name was Jerry Scott (supposedly). He told me he was a Direct Lender, same day commissions, and that no other broker could go after the same deal for 30 days once I've sent it to him. I was trying to replace Everest / Knight Cap

This guy sent deals to Pearl, MCC and US WORKING CAPITAL.

He would tell me "Declined, trucking, mean while the merchant is like who the F"

I sent him a lot of my submissions, he funded a few.. One was for $60,000 a 1.36 with Pearl. (Just found out today)

Just wanted any of you honest brokers (Which I doubt there are very many) To be aware of this guy Jerry Scott www.cashcapital.com

Here's the signature from his emails;

Jerry Scott
    Cash Capital
    A Delaware Corporation

Jerry Scott • National ISO Relations Manager
    Cash Capital Group LLC |1013 Centre Rd Suite 403s | Wilmington, DE 19805
     302-232-8233 | F. |  Jerry@cashcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobPearlman View Post

Just wanted any of you honest brokers (Which I doubt there are very many)
    Gee, thanks...

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Nothing is more astounding than the willingness of people to just send their deals off to some guy because of a cold call. You should do thorough due diligence on any funder you work with since you are transmitting a merchant's most sensitive information.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    Nothing is more astounding than the willingness of people to just send their deals off to some guy because of a cold call. You should do thorough due diligence on any funder you work with since you are transmitting a merchant's most sensitive information.
    Couldn't agree more.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

When the phone rings and it's somebody on the other end you don't know, ask yourself this question "Why am I so lucky to be getting this call". Do your research on any and all contacts.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobPearlman View Post
    I got a call earlier this month from www.cashcapital.com the guy's name was Jerry Scott (supposedly). He told me he was a Direct Lender, same day commissions, and that no other broker could go after the same deal for 30 days once I've sent it to him. I was trying to replace Everest / Knight Cap

This guy sent deals to Pearl, MCC and US WORKING CAPITAL.

He would tell me "Declined, trucking, mean while the merchant is like who the F"

I sent him a lot of my submissions, he funded a few.. One was for $60,000 a 1.36 with Pearl. (Just found out today)

Just wanted any of you honest brokers (Which I doubt there are very many) To be aware of this guy Jerry Scott www.cashcapital.com

Here's the signature from his emails;

Jerry Scott
    Cash Capital
    A Delaware Corporation

Jerry Scott • National ISO Relations Manager
    Cash Capital Group LLC |1013 Centre Rd Suite 403s | Wilmington, DE 19805
     302-232-8233 | F. |  Jerry@cashcapital.com
    I just got a call from this guy today. Let him talk before saying no.. If I had read this first, I would have just said fck off and hung up
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

As a ISO rep, I still find it surprising how often I make a call, and within 20 minutes I am trusted with a brokers clients.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

That guy's company address is fake. It's a registered agent's office. The website is also riddled with typos.

Administrator Reputation points: 59879 admin's Avatar

Some advice: If anyone tells you they are a direct "lender," ask them how it is they lend. Do they comply with lending laws on a state-by-state basis or do they have a bank charter relationship? If a bank charter, ask them what bank. Verify it. If they have a lending license in a single state or multiple states, verify it.

If they don't know what you are talking about, end the conversation. If they purport to purchase future revenue streams but call themselves a direct "lender," end the conversation.

Where is their office? How many employees do they have? How long have they been in business for? Research them online. Is the contract language they present to merchants sound?

Right now there is a federal government lawsuit against the owners of a company that alleges among other things that they did not properly vet the lenders they sent leads to.

It's one thing to be ignorant and turn over your hard-work to some random company and cost yourself a commission and quite another to consider you are handing over the bank statements and social security # of a person to some random company that you don't even know is real.

Use your heads. Common sense is not just about making sure you get paid for your hard work but about protecting the clients you are in the business of helping.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Well said ^
    Tommy Stein

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Some advice: If anyone tells you they are a direct "lender," ask them how it is they lend. Do they comply with lending laws on a state-by-state basis or do they have a bank charter relationship? If a bank charter, ask them what bank. Verify it. If they have a lending license in a single state or multiple states, verify it.

If they don't know what you are talking about, end the conversation. If they purport to purchase future revenue streams but call themselves a direct "lender," end the conversation.

Where is their office? How many employees do they have? How long have they been in business for? Research them online. Is the contract language they present to merchants sound?

Right now there is a federal government lawsuit against the owners of a company that alleges among other things that they did not properly vet the lenders they sent leads to.

It's one thing to be ignorant and turn over your hard-work to some random company and cost yourself a commission and quite another to consider you are handing over the bank statements and social security # of a person to some random company that you don't even know is real.

Use your heads. Common sense is not just about making sure you get paid for your hard work but about protecting the clients you are in the business of helping.
    I will like to add that the commission tells you a lot also .

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

But that would imply that all these cats looking for 3rd, 4th, 5th positions are actually thinking about the best interest of the merchant, or that they even care one iota about the merchant

Member Reputation points: 172 SCP's Avatar

Beautifully said. Couldn't agree more...
    RYAN RIDGWAY Managing Partner, Strategic Capital
    Office: 800.440.6448 | Direct: 816.298.0966 | Fax: 816.298.0857
    10551 Barkley St. Suite 403 Overland Park, KS 66212
    rridgway@capitalwithstrategy.com | www.capitalwithstrategy.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    I will like to add that the commission tells you a lot also .
    In what sense? The higher the commission, the less likely you can trust them/ more likely the deal will be back-doored?

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by NoBigDeal View Post
    In what sense? The higher the commission, the less likely you can trust them/ more likely the deal will be back-doored?
    of course if they cant answer any of sean questions and are offering high commission they will steal it .
    What i am saying is that as a legitimate iso i can answer all of sean question and pose myself as a lender . the one thing i can't do is 15% commission because what will i make .

Karen37a
    There are very few Direct lenders and many people are just brokers who put skin in the game (if they even do that), labeling themselves as Direct lenders.

Some of these Direct lenders treat the Iso's like glorified telemarketers anyway with their 14 day to close policies, no activity take your renewals crap.
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-11-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    There are very few Direct lenders and many people are just brokers who put skin in the game (if they even do that), labeling themselves as Direct lenders.

Some of these Direct lenders treat the Iso's like glorified telemarketers anyway with their 14 day to close policies, no activity take your renewals crap.
    As a direct funder, we have an entirely different philosaphy about how to work with our ISO's. We have 30 days exclusivity on all submissions, and we pay 100% commission on all renewals, as long as you close it, as we will not contact your clients without your authorization.
    Last edited by iso@wallfunding; 05-11-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    Wall Funding ISO Team
    646-979-2161
    partners@wallfunding.com
    http://wallfunding.com/
    30 Broad St, New York, NY, 10004

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

Quote Originally Posted by iso@wallfunding View Post
    As a direct funder, I have to disagree. We have 30 days exclusivity on all submissions, and we pay 100% commission on all renewals, as long as you close it, as we will not contact your clients without your authorization.

She didn't say ALL, she said SOME, making the statement correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    She didn't say ALL, she said SOME, making the statement correct.
    I stand corrected.
    Wall Funding ISO Team
    646-979-2161
    partners@wallfunding.com
    http://wallfunding.com/
    30 Broad St, New York, NY, 10004