Backdoored by Empire - caught red-handed
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Backdoored by Empire - caught red-handed

Submitted file to Empire on 3/27/16 - never received a response. As you can see, we still show a status of "Submitted" in our CRM system, and it's been a full month:

Empire Submission.jpg

We're working with the merchant now trying to get him additional funding, and what do we find? Merchant's March bank statement shows a deposit from Empire Funding on 3/30/16:

Interestingly, Empire has failed to respond to our last 11 submissions to them going back as far as 3/23/16. I called and spoke with Gabe earlier and he said that they had a problem with their server, didn't get any of the emails, and lost everybody's email addresses. I find that very hard to believe when I have emails from Gabe regarding other deals as recently as 3/29/16 and a read receipt from him on 4/26/16. Also, htf can a funder stay in business without functioning email?!

This isn't the first time I caught these guys with their hand in the cookie jar. I caught Jay backdooring us on a deal, and when I confronted Gabe about it he told me Jay left and assured me it would never happen again. Needless to say, we've removed their submission profile from our CRM and will not be sending them anymore files. Caveat emptor!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bizfundingfinder; 04-28-2016 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Image removed to protect merchant's privacy