Backdoored by Empire - caught red-handed
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Submitted file to Empire on 3/27/16 - never received a response. As you can see, we still show a status of "Submitted" in our CRM system, and it's been a full month:

Empire Submission.jpg

We're working with the merchant now trying to get him additional funding, and what do we find? Merchant's March bank statement shows a deposit from Empire Funding on 3/30/16:

Interestingly, Empire has failed to respond to our last 11 submissions to them going back as far as 3/23/16. I called and spoke with Gabe earlier and he said that they had a problem with their server, didn't get any of the emails, and lost everybody's email addresses. I find that very hard to believe when I have emails from Gabe regarding other deals as recently as 3/29/16 and a read receipt from him on 4/26/16. Also, htf can a funder stay in business without functioning email?!

This isn't the first time I caught these guys with their hand in the cookie jar. I caught Jay backdooring us on a deal, and when I confronted Gabe about it he told me Jay left and assured me it would never happen again. Needless to say, we've removed their submission profile from our CRM and will not be sending them anymore files. Caveat emptor!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bizfundingfinder; 04-28-2016 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Image removed to protect merchant's privacy

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

They backdoored a $5,900 deal, LOL. Someone didn't pencil the risk/reward on that one!

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

wow, there are so many things wrong with this I dont know where to start.. I dont know what is more pathetic for a company to do steal a deal and profit off of someone else's work, or the fact that a they thought it was worth doing it on a $5900 deal. Joke
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

hard to accuse them of stealing the deal, who's to say they didn't receive the file from another office? you submitted on 3/27 (sunday) they deposited via ach on 3/30 which means it wouldve had to of funded 3/29. you think they solicited the merchant, got docs signed, and UW the deal in 1 day? i mean i know it happens every day via same day funding, but just looking at it from a different angle here going with the assumption of whether or not its worth them stealing a 6k deal?
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    hard to accuse them of stealing the deal, who's to say they didn't receive the file from another office? you submitted on 3/27 (sunday) they deposited via ach on 3/30 which means it wouldve had to of funded 3/29. you think they solicited the merchant, got docs signed, and UW the deal in 1 day? i mean i know it happens every day via same day funding, but just looking at it from a different angle here going with the assumption of whether or not its worth them stealing a 6k deal?
    All I know is that someone is still counting that $600 commission and makin' it rain.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    if thats the case then that is information they should have told him
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    wow, there are so many things wrong with this I dont know where to start.. I dont know what is more pathetic for a company to do steal a deal and profit off of someone else's work, or the fact that a they thought it was worth doing it on a $5900 deal. Joke
    Very true, especially given that situations like this go public within minutes of being discovered. As a funder you can do right by an ISO 10K times, but if they even susect that you did something under-handed then you're done. And in truth, there is very few ways to come back from that.

Submitted many deals to Empire to get NO RESPONSE back. No confirmation. No nothing but the finger. I'd stay away. I got only a handful of lenders I work with and I can count them on 1 hand. Based on existing relationships and taking a chance. I would recommend Wall Street Funding for your riskier deals. They are good with communication and confirmation. Mark is professional and even though files often get declined, at least it's done so within a few hours of submission.

Sending your deal to Empire, you might as well through your deal into a fire never to be seen or heard from again. They talk a big game on LinkedIn. "I fund any deal" "I fund same day" "Send me all your dead files" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitheMoneyGuy View Post
    Submitted many deals to Empire to get NO RESPONSE back. No confirmation. No nothing but the finger. I'd stay away. I got only a handful of lenders I work with and I can count them on 1 hand. Based on existing relationships and taking a chance. I would recommend Wall Street Funding for your riskier deals. They are good with communication and confirmation. Mark is professional and even though files often get declined, at least it's done so within a few hours of submission.

Sending your deal to Empire, you might as well through your deal into a fire never to be seen or heard from again. They talk a big game on LinkedIn. "I fund any deal" "I fund same day" "Send me all your dead files" etc.
    I would have stopped submitting after the first one with no response.

Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

That would have been the obvious solution to the problem. What's the definition of insanity?

I do know that sometimes it takes a while to catch on especially if in the past you've had a great track record with a company.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Open and shut case, proof and everything. Wow shady business practices for peanuts $5,900.00 its getting serious in MCA.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmundpannu View Post
    That would have been the obvious solution to the problem. What's the definition of insanity?
    Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different out come. Like my marriage

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different out come. Like my marriage
    Like any job ever?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Like any job ever?
    Like any action or job yes, pulling a string over and over again with nothing happening no lights working. Yet you keep pulling on that string hoping and tugging and tugging and pulling. Where am I going with this lol

Im not sure where you were/are headed but I can tell you that the redundancy of this job I find myself in can be a total motivation killer

Blue Clover Financial

We received this file from one of our ISO's on 3/25, submitted to Empire on 3/26, and it was funded 3/29. (merchant stopped making payments 3 days later, promptly defaulted LOL). We received the commission from Empire next business day after funding, and we promptly paid out our ISO..... We' have over 100 ISO's, and have submitted hundreds of files to Empire in the last few months, and have never been back door'd. We use just about every lender for the tough to fund D and F paper, and these guys will fund anyone with a heartbeat and 3 months of bank....

On a side note, Blue Clover Financial specializes in Commercial Lending, Buy Fix and Flip, AR Financing, Asset Lending, Equipment Leasing, Lines of Credit, and MCA..... If your merchants have commercial property, assets, 700+ credit score, accounts receivables, give me a call, we'll get them done!

John Philbin
    Blue Clover Financial
    NO BUSINESS LEFT BEHIND!
    Phone: (561) 406-9880
    Fax: (561) 409-5137

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Clover Financial View Post
    We received this file from one of our ISO's on 3/25, submitted to Empire on 3/26, and it was funded 3/29. (merchant stopped making payments 3 days later, promptly defaulted LOL). We received the commission from Empire next business day after funding, and we promptly paid out our ISO..... We' have over 100 ISO's, and have submitted hundreds of files to Empire in the last few months, and have never been back door'd. We use just about every lender for the tough to fund D and F paper, and these guys will fund anyone with a heartbeat and 3 months of bank....

On a side note, Blue Clover Financial specializes in Commercial Lending, Buy Fix and Flip, AR Financing, Asset Lending, Equipment Leasing, Lines of Credit, and MCA..... If your merchants have commercial property, assets, 700+ credit score, accounts receivables, give me a call, we'll get them done!

John Philbin
    Blue Clover Financial
    NO BUSINESS LEFT BEHIND!
    Phone: (561) 406-9880
    Fax: (561) 409-5137
    So you submitted this file to them on a Saturday? Something sounds fishy about this story. You made an account today to come to Empires defense. Hmmmmmm
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post
    So you submitted this file to them on a Saturday? Something sounds fishy about this story. You made an account today to come to Empires defense. Hmmmmmm
    I guess your not InCredibly impressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    Dang! that just happened@!

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    Crafty. Have to give credit where credit is due as they say.

We received the file on 3/25, it was submitted 3/28 (not 3/26), and funded next day 3/29.... Empire asked me to defend them by explaining it was my deal from one of our ISO's, and I said no problem. See below:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 9:43 AM -0700
    Subject: PRECISION MEASURE LLC
    To: "Empire Funding"
    Cc: "John Philbin"

Pay him

DATE: 3/29/2016
    DEAL NAME: PRECISION MEASURE LLC
    FUNDED AMOUNT: $7,000
    ISO PAYOUT: 7%
    PSF: $200
    COMMISSION:$490
    TOTAL: $690
    ISO NAME: john blue clover

The deal was for $5,900. Unless you took $1,100 off the top(which in this industry wouldn't surprise me) the thread creator is complaining about a different deal.

Side Note: They have your ISO Name as john blue clover, not Blue Clover Financial, LLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post
    The deal was for $5,900. Unless you took $1,100 off the top(which in this industry wouldn't surprise me) the thread creator is complaining about a different deal.

Side Note: They have your ISO Name as john blue clover, not Blue Clover Financial, LLC?

Merchant has excessive negative days, looking for a 4th position, it was expensive.... Ask Empire why the set my ISO name up that way.....

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

This is some thread. Gotta take a shower. brb