Who is REALLY Serious About Puerto Rico?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

I have monthly bank leads for PR. I do not sell leads, I am looking for a business partnership. My espanol is not muy bien enough and one would be a fool to tackle this intricate and challenging market alone. PM me for details if you want to take this on, and can arrange site inspections etc, and get some dinero flowing. Spanish speaking closers need apply.

Or perhaps share your challenges regarding PR here. Gracias.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

PR is a risky play right now given they are, as a territory, budgetarily ****ed and the labor market is similarly bent over. Due to a bizarre set of circumstances they are shuttering public services and laying off government workers in droves to try to solve their debt issue because their constitution mandates they pay bond holders prior to running public services like hospitals and schools. Unemployment is 12%, double the US average. Seeing as the majority of PR is on government assistance or a government employee, any business there is likely in the throes of serious macroeconomic disruption and considerable uncertainty writ large. Since 2009-2010 they have laid off a quarter of the government labor force, and government employees still account for 1 in 3 employees on the island. Another 1/3 is on public assistance, and those two groups aren't entirely mutually exclusive. Congress is currently considering a bill to remove the law that estops PR from filing sovereign BK, but unfortunately regardless of the outcome they are pretty hosed in the short-medium term. I wouldn't lend into PR right now for any reason. Good luck and godspeed.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    PR is a risky play right now given they are, as a territory, budgetarily ****ed and the labor market is similarly bent over. Due to a bizarre set of circumstances they are shuttering public services and laying off government workers in droves to try to solve their debt issue because their constitution mandates they pay bond holders prior to running public services like hospitals and schools. Unemployment is 12%, double the US average. Seeing as the majority of PR is on government assistance or a government employee, any business there is likely in the throes of serious macroeconomic disruption and considerable uncertainty writ large. Since 2009-2010 they have laid off a quarter of the government labor force, and government employees still account for 1 in 3 employees on the island. Another 1/3 is on public assistance, and those two groups aren't entirely mutually exclusive. Congress is currently considering a bill to remove the law that estops PR from filing sovereign BK, but unfortunately regardless of the outcome they are pretty hosed in the short-medium term. I wouldn't lend into PR right now for any reason. Good luck and godspeed.
    Business also operate with a very different mentality over there. There is no sense of urgency for anything... Ever. Much less a financing application.

Yup. Fully agree. However there are still numerous businesses who have the balls to apply at a bank. The opportunity has intrigued me for some time. Considering that their credit profile is likely comparatively strong, and that they are not likely to get funded or fully funded by a bank, it only makes sense to some exploratory work there. Especially in the healthcare sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Business also operate with a very different mentality over there. There is no sense of urgency for anything... Ever. Much less a financing application.
    Also true. I'm talking about business already in the process.

Pm me we understand that market, have local team down there. We can help you get those deals done for you

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    Credit Guy is like the Einstein of this forum, is there something that you don't know?
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Member Reputation points: 1336

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    I have monthly bank leads for PR. I do not sell leads, I am looking for a business partnership. My espanol is not muy bien enough and one would be a fool to tackle this intricate and challenging market alone. PM me for details if you want to take this on, and can arrange site inspections etc, and get some dinero flowing. Spanish speaking closers need apply.

Or perhaps share your challenges regarding PR here. Gracias.
    I've been funding in PR for several months now and set up a complete division of our company dedicated to PR. We even opened an office in San Juan and handle our own site inspections. I get an average of 7-8 submissions per day. Mostly from our agents located in PR but a few from U.S based brokers. Because we have an office with staff in PR, the process is very simple for us. We're also able to process both credit and debit card transactions too.

I'd be happy to speak with others about syndication / partnerships too. PM me and I will give you my contact info.

Member Reputation points: 1685

risk af

PEARL and YELLOWSTONE

Senior Member Reputation points: 13325 isaacdstern's Avatar

We fund in PR!

800-955-2411

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

YSC is all about PR, if you wanna make money on your PR deals call us!
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Today, Puerto Rico is defaulting on their debt payments - which amount to $422 million. Puerto Rico's public debt is currently 103% of their GNP (gross national product), showing how serious their economic crisis is.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...502-story.html

Lots will lose $$

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdstern View Post
    We fund in PR!

800-955-2411
    Isaac. Do your internal sales people have a focus originating there? Let me know. I have the merchants to call on.

(expecting an Andy response)

Member Reputation points: 10

HDF, I have closed a couple of deals in PR, and I am fluent in Spanish. If you need any help let talk.

Best,

Jorge

Will anyone fund a financial services company in PR? A bit of a long shot, but one never knows
    Andrew Roberts
    Merchant Cash Group
    212 532 9200
    andrew@merchantcashgroup.com

Are you still funding deal in puerto rico?

Quote Originally Posted by HDF View Post
    Isaac. Do your internal sales people have a focus originating there? Let me know. I have the merchants to call on.

(expecting an Andy response)

I use a few contacts that liv on the island to assist us with closing the deals down there as I do not speak spanish.
    There are quite a few reps at YSC that do, however i have found using my Puerto Rican contact to be very helpful to complete fundings in PR
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    I use a few contacts that liv on the island to assist us with closing the deals down there as I do not speak spanish.
    There are quite a few reps at YSC that do, however i have found using my Puerto Rican contact to be very helpful to complete fundings in PR
    I'm curious, the fact that PR is now bankrupt, would that effect any funder who funds there?

i think hat makes their businesses a prime market to go after because the only(using the term loosely) money now available is ours (the industry)
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

I should stop spilling soda on my keyboard. it makes my keys not function. lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 503040

Is YSC funding Venezuela yet?

Www.b2bfunding.net is the only local operator that knows the business

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdstern View Post
    We fund in PR!

800-955-2411
    off topic Issac one of your reps on another post said YSC can go out to 11 months on qualified merchants. But never got back to me when I inquired about it, is this true?

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    off topic Issac one of your reps on another post said YSC can go out to 11 months on qualified merchants. But never got back to me when I inquired about it, is this true?
    He had replied they didn't.