Salesforce Finally Gets It
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Member Reputation points: 27

Salesforce Finally Gets It

Salesforce has been around for a pretty long time. Like me, you probably started using salesforce a number of years ago. Like me, you are probably frustrated with the lack of certain features.

I’ve used salesforce on a corporate level and as a business owner. On the corporate and business owner levels, Salesforce has been just a database with email sending capability. When I worked for one Fortune 500 Company, not one manager knew how to use the reporting features of salesforce. Not even the VP’s. What was their solution? Many resorted to compelling their sales teams to submit weekly reports on an excel spreadsheet. The company was paying millions of dollars a year for the program for its sales teams and they did not have a clue on how to use it. How crazy is that? Take a hint you controllers out there. Google Drive offers a free cloud based database. Save some money.

As a savvy manager, I learned quickly how to navigate and use salesforce to make my job easier and more productive. I was always light years ahead of my coworkers. I even installed a third party app to my salesforce account to do drip marketing automation. The program sucked. I managed to make the best of it because that was all Salesforce had to offer.

Finally, Salesforce got it right when the company acquired Pardot. Pardot is a leading marketing automation company. What is marketing automation? You have not been reading my posts. Shame on you. Ok. Marketing automation is the number one way to combat the deadly sales sin of lead abandonment. Let’s look at some frightening sales stats.

Read More

Senior Member Reputation points: 16735

Thanks for the link to your blog post/advertisement.