amazing what some companies will do - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    "Smart business decision to put in writing on company letter head directing merchants to breach existing contracts and stack offering deals that do not exist making promises you cant keep.. You want to know why we as an industry will be regulated. It will be because of mental midgets like this.. UNBELIEVABLE nothing but lies and in writing company name and closer name included. Begging to get sued.. I cut off the company name and closers name but if this is how you are soliciting business do yourself a favor and stop.. You are begging to be sued"

Amanda,

The marketing may have been aggressive, but let's be real here. Coming here to post an example to everyone about how someone contacted his merchant, using words like lying, mental midgets, capitalized UNBELIEVABLE, "begging to get sued".... that's not crying?

Although aggressive, there is nothing wrong with the marketing content. No one directed the merchant to breach their contract. The overall mood of his post is he is upset someone contacted his merchant, then threatens lawsuit (not once, but twice) because they offered a hop.

I have nothing but respect for you Amanda, a very honest hardworking girl in an industry dominated by emotional clowns, but there wasn't anything wrong with the letter other than the fact that it was sent to his merchant and it offered another position, if at all.
    *Woman.

and there is nothing but love Diamond. In a Business setting, I just call how it is. I don't believe we shouldn't be fighting or threatening over merchants anymore and they do not have a tag of ownership- so that I stand by. Having the expectation of someone coming in that does the same exact thing that you and 50,000 other people do claiming to be better is beyond me. The industry is so tiny on the backend that we can all go out for drinks and talk about how many times we seen the same deals this week and every week. It's inevitable and it's life in the industry as we know it. BUT if marketing is going to contain verbiage that questions EVERYTHING you know about applying and what's really available, then you are psyching the Merchants emotions and therefore decision making. They then wonder, did I make the right decision? What happens next? Example: Both companies try to gain their Business if the Merchant is "unsure". They then begin to feel vulnerable and when offers come and they decide this time to really dig into the fine print and understand- they back out all together.

Wasted time = wasted money on marketing and everything in between when getting them an offer. (*Story of my life when working with Brokers. Seriously guys, I work 12 hour days, DF is only a portion of my work life. This all comes from experience and what I see/learn everyday- start picking up on this stuff... I'm getting carpal tunnel)
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

jotucker1983
    Lol, hey I love this site. The discussion/debate between you guys is always great.

I've seen all types of marketing tactics over my course of time, some are flat out dishonest, while others are very crafty with having a lot of truth mixed in with lies.

At the end of the day though, we all have to service our current and prospective clients through great education, which includes educating your client portfolio on the realities of our "marketplace" today. If my funder/lender filed a UCC (which most of my guys have stopped doing) or not, I make sure that all of my merchants are aware of the various types of solicitations they are going to receive in relation to: 2nd positions, Consolidations, and Pay-offs.

I explain why they shouldn't take the 2nd position (cash flow issues) and I explain why my reload process is better than any "consolidated refinance" on the market (not having to pay off the same balance twice). It usually results with the merchants not even entertaining the "calls" that come through on their telephone line in relation to these pitches, and them continuing to return to me for their next reload without any stacking done on the side.

But this also brings up another important point, and it's that I believe A/B funders and lenders need to stop filing UCCs on good accounts. It's well apparent now that "Billy Joe's Broker Shop" who just opened two weeks ago believes they are going to make $250,000 a year dialing a UCC list that they bought from some guy for 10 cents a pop, that's been resold about 250 times.

I HATE when my merchants are on that list because even though I educate them on the tactics, it's annoying as hell to get 30 calls a day about a damn cash advance. It also hurts my "good service" display, because the merchant scratches his head wondering, "Why in the hell would you guys put me on this damn list?!"
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 04-20-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    The fact of the matter on this one is that 100% of us have stretched the truth in one way, shape, or form in our career, no matter how slight. If you have any number of years under your belt, you've done what it takes to feed the herd and keep yourself in the game. So while I'm not going to defend either side on this one, I'd say the marketing was dubious at best, and misleading at worst.

Think we should leave this one alone honestly.
    That is slander and conjecture and you will hear from my attorney. Honest to God truth...