Censorship on Daily Funder
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned Reputation points: 135

It seems very suspicious how certain posts about certain companies seem to suddenly disappear yet other posts that bash other industry participants are allowed to stay up.

It's also funny how only certain industry lawsuits are printed while any mention of others is immediately deleted.

This forum has become a joke and will never be taken seriously until it adopts uniform policies which are fairly applied across the board.

I also hope that whether or not a company chooses to advertise on this site stops playing a part in the coverage allowed of that company.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by ghop View Post
    It seems very suspicious how certain posts about certain companies seem to suddenly disappear yet other posts that bash other industry participants are allowed to stay up.

It's also funny how only certain industry lawsuits are printed while any mention of others is immediately deleted.

This forum has become a joke and will never be taken seriously until it adopts uniform policies which are fairly applied across the board.

I also hope that whether or not a company chooses to advertise on this site stops playing a part in the coverage allowed of that company.
    It's that kind of post that gets your post taken down.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

DF, for the past few years, has helped me tremendously by reviewing the questions that Brokers have had in this space and make sense of the "unknown". There isn't much training in this industry. What I mean by that is there isn't much because anyone can be trained to hop on a phone, ask 10 questions, answer FAQS, send and email follow up and repeat.

What I mean is There is limited knowledgable leaders in the space (or ones that come out publicly on forums- mind you there are over 3k people on here, only 30 post regularly?!). We generalized based on what we read on here- which is pretty sad. Yes, the moral went down but whose fault is that?

Everyone comes on here asking questions about starting, growing, and deal placement because well- obviously something isn't right in their own house. Our answers have become negative because of experience or sarcasm. But guess what? Go ahead and Google search an MCA question- think like a merchant and type what a merchant would ask... One of the TOP results will be a DailyFunder or debanked forum post.

The merchant sees this and runs. They receive phone calls off of dialers and reports on phone number look up websites and puts in their reviews of "who is calling me" and how we steal information, your ssn is going to get stolen, or your credit will get slammed (amongst other complaints of how the person cursed at the owner and other unprofessional behavior originator are giving) on top of all the negative feedback were getting as it is.

Then we have the nerve to ask how to get better leads. Good leads do their homework. Daily Funder is one of their homework sources too. Whether you have your name public or now- we are generalizing the character for every one and every company in our space. We are all impacted negatively from this.

Now I know John is going to come on here- and he is right about A LOT of things, but one persons experiences do not reflect others or the future of how they can innovate. funD and a few others will comment something smart (no harm to make a joke). Then you have your sales pitches like Cresthill ... Then your ethical non MCA guys like bob Shaw who are trying to really help. I am not going to go down the list- people who come on here know the "who's who".

I know most don't care if it survives or dies just on the fact that they can say "I told you so" but a lot of those hang ups are coming from the answers people give and our overall expectation of what a business owner will go through.

So question- are we going to complain and bash or actually going to take action? If not, admin has every right to take down a post if it brings down the overall value of what this forum is really supposed to stand for.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

I think the Daily Funder serves a great purpose. I wish I would of thought of it, you cant please everyone. My company advertises and we get no special treatment. That's the I hate Ice Cream cause it makes me fat ideology, no your just a fatty.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

i at first felt the same . but think about it , why does sean need the headache of getting involved in a lawsuit . i don't blame him at all for this . Anyone who knows him knows it is not the people that pay him or are friends with him that he takes down their negative posts ( you can find a bunch on yellowstone for example that are not removed ) it is the ones that sue sue sue or the total baseless things from anonymous people that sound like fired workers .

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

If you feel this way what company do you think is being treated unfairly. I see posts taken down but usually when claims are being made with no evidence or when attacks get personal. If you are posting this I am sure you have an example where this happened
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Well it seems that there are active lawsuits between the owners of DF. Any mention of that gets immediately taken down. Any mention of the TCPA class action against Yellowstone is immediately squelched yet the same week Debanked runs an article referencing a lawsuit that Yellowstone won which Sean and Isaac then posted to the forums. You do the math Yellowstone is the top advertiser on the site.

Either the forum and Debanked discusses dirty laundry or it doesn't but the rules need to be applied fairly or else this blog has no credibility and may be useful for entertainment but shouldn't be taken seriously.

Well it seems that there are active lawsuits between the owners of DF. Any mention of that gets immediately taken down. Any mention of the TCPA class action against Yellowstone is immediately squelched yet the same week Debanked runs an article referencing a lawsuit that Yellowstone won which Sean and Isaac then posted to the forums. You do the math Yellowstone is the top advertiser on the site.

Either the forum and Debanked discusses dirty laundry or it doesn't but the rules need to be applied fairly or else this blog has no credibility and may be useful for entertainment but shouldn't be taken seriously.
    An internal lawsuit between owners of the site has no bearing on the industry so I would take that down also if it was me. The yellowstone suit I saw the thread on I commented on it, I didn't know it was taken down
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

It was taken down. Along with yesterday's post about TVT Capital. Yet the post about Knight is still up.

If no one else cares that's fine but there are many more people who read this sites postings who don't necessarily comment but still enjoy seeing the posts who deserve better than what we have been getting.

Member Reputation points: 1685

im having a tough time with the "logic" that we shouldn't discuss lawsuits that are a matter of public record on these boards. there is nowhere online that allows for people to understand the full picture or get real information on this industry, DF is almost as good as it gets. the potential is greatly diminished by this mentality; i learn some things here and there but people only reference things like lawsuits and background history with lenders in only the vaguest of terms.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    An internal lawsuit between owners of the site has no bearing on the industry so I would take that down also if it was me. The yellowstone suit I saw the thread on I commented on it, I didn't know it was taken down
    The only issue with discussing lawsuits is that regardless of how credible a lawsuit is, people take it as gospel. Which gets back to the point a lot of people have made. If you are going to come on the forum and claim that a company are "scumbags" or "so and so stole my deal" SHOW ME THE PROOF....otherwise shut it. Its like a lawyer in court making a statement they know the other attorney will object to, but the fact remains they got it out there for people to think about regardless of validity or relevance.

Member Reputation points: 1685

for instance the lawsuit between the DF people sounds interesting AND relevant. but for those of us that haven't been long enough to know the story already get a pat on the head.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118163 ridextreme's Avatar

start your own forum, then you can administer it your way.

And furthermore, it seems to me that the people on the forum talking about "how we're perceived" and "becoming credible" are the same ones blasting other companies without a shred of proof or even knowing the circumstances of the issue they're posting about.

Either you allow discussions on lawsuits or you don't. But it's inherently unfair to gleefully report on a lawsuit that was filed against Yellowstone for misappropriating business from the founders prior employer which Yellowstone handily won and then a few days later erase any mention that Yellowstone is facing a class action lawsuit. Especially when that information may actually help people here to avoid violating the same TCPA statutes.

But it's not fair to have it both ways. Either you sanitize all mention of lawsuits or you allow free speech to dictate what's discussed here.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

ghop, your observations and feedback are certainly welcome and I appreciate that you care. There are certain circumstances that you may not be aware of and I unfortunately cannot comment on them, except to say that it's complicated. A terrible answer for sure, but one that I'm limited to.

The industry is full of many competing interests and the forum has always had the goal of being as free as possible. Legal issues are always considered however and from my vantage point, you might be surprised by the scope of it. And no, I don't just mean with myself. Users and their intentions on this forum are not always what they appear to be and the ramifications of what people say and in what context can lead to unexpected consequences for themselves, others, or everyone. I know that's vague too and will leave many unsatisfied.

A lot of work goes into moderating the forum for spam and fake users and weeding out those soliciting with free email accounts. I think a fair amount of sponsors on this site have gotten criticism. Post removal is not related to sponsorship.

It is a difficult job, and one that I acknowledge will not please everybody. That's something I had to accept a long time ago when I took on this endeavor. Again, I value your input highly and anything that can be done to maximize the fair value of the content, will be done.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

WOW Sean....with answers like that, you should run for office! A true politician if I ever saw one

Sean murray 2016

got my vote
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Sean murray 2016

got my vote
    I think you should let John run your campaign

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    I think you should let John run your campaign
    Because when it comes to political views me and Sean always see eye to eye..... or not
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Lol.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

At the end of the day, this site is free to all users. As the old saying goes "Beggars Can't be Choosey".

If DF wants to delete some posts but not others, it is their right. As somebody mentioned above, you always have the right to launch your own forum if you want to.

My perspective is that I get a lot of value out of this site and the relationships I have developed from it. I hope it continues to thrive.

Long live DF. :-)

Sean very well put. I hope you realize I wasn't intending to criticize I was more interested in opening a discussion. I just think the sites rules might need to be updated with this regard and then closely adhered to regardless of where the chips may ultimately fall.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    WOW Sean....with answers like that, you should run for office! A true politician if I ever saw one
    100% ^^^^^

Banned Reputation points: 4530

Thanks for the shout out Amanda.

I have learned most of what I know about this business from the DF, and that's quite a bit.
    I don't know about others but I am here at Sean's invitation and I expect that he has some potential liabilities for some of the information posted here.
    Bob