MErchant cash advance crushed me - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

EVERY business is hard, there is and always will be competition-that's life. If it sucks so much-exit the business, go to McDonalds and flip burgers. I believe they are raising the minimum wage aren't they?

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Whered you get my headshot?

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Damn, we got some high-paid, deal-closin', fast-talkin', wall street, downtown sharks up in here! Be makin' those Trump dollaz!

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Damn, we got some high-paid, deal-closin', fast-talkin', wall street, downtown sharks up in here! Be makin' those Trump dollaz!
    The Yeezy $$$

Senior Member Reputation points: 8424

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    you guys are right, i am wrong, industry is dead, cold calling doesn't work, no one makes any money. Gonna get back to spinning wheels over here, good luck out there.
    Back on the phones!

2016-04-06.jpg

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

YEEZY is the Sexual Chocolate sexual chocolate.jpg

I must say you guys and gals on this site are amazing I really like the feed back it's encouraging and very insitefull I believe the way to go like when I was a stock broker I need to diversify my portfolio and think like Goldmansachs long term greed recommend products that may not pay as much initially but help to develope residual income pull away from a model of 100% MCA and make it 30 to 40 % of my overall business model and offer other forms of financing what are you thoughts ?

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    A small ISO shop needs to add other long-term financing options to the mix to separate himself from the hordes of MCA brokers in this space. Merchants are being pounded by MCA salesmen left and right and hanging up on them in a heartbeat. You need to have a different value proposition to stand out in this crowd.
    Having a different product mix is great, but the fact remains that if you are being hung up on the moment you mention that you are from a lending company, when do you get the chance to pitch the other products? This is a fact with calling UCC records today, the strategy is dead.

Furthermore, as I stated prior, the P2P product with the long terms/low rates, are not for the typical MCA clients. The typical MCA clients are not going to be approved for those types of deals in large percentages like they are for the MCA, just due to the higher criterion in place for said products. Reps pushing the P2P loan should be targeting "bank" clients.

Find the SIC codes that most MCA brokers aren't targeting like trucking companies, B2B, software companies, etc.
    This is still random cold-calling, which in my opinion does not work for our business in terms of longevity. Matter of fact, in my opinion, random cold-calling does not work for any professional sales position. It's lazy, it's unprofessional, it has no real business plan behind it and you can't forecast new sales from the activity.

What the guy ought to do, is some research to look for potential prospects in situations that they could possibly utilize financing. That's called secondary market research. Once a guy "creates" that list, then do the calling. That's called "warm-calling", which does work.

This business is really about cultivating relationships and selling yourself,
    I think that's a part of it, but I don't think that's the "whole" of it.

This business is all about "strategic systems". It's about designing a strategic system that continually produces "leads" of merchants who are in situations to utilize alternative working capital. And that "strategic system" is based on having exclusive data you call on (warm-calling), exclusive referrals, strategic networks/partnerships, and/or large marketing budgets.

Being a good salesman has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are match-makers.

We talk to a lead about their working capital situation and we set their expectation of pricing and approval, such as I should be able to get you $35k at a 1.20 over 7 months. If the merchant says that will work, we take an app and send said merchant to one of our network of funders who based on their lending standards, should be able to approve the deal at the estimated quote provided. Once approved, we spend the rest of our week chasing paperwork to complete whatever stage we are in the underwriting/closing process.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    Quit making excuses, buckle down, and don't accept failure as an option.... You'll be just fine. Even as a 3-4 man shop with zero marketing budget and nothing but a phone book.
    The honest reality is that 70% (or more) of the new brokers coming into our space would be better suited working the drive thru at Burger King. I'm 100% serious, they will make more money there than using the very bad strategy of randomly cold-calling out of a phone book to any SIC.

Nobody really sits these people down to actually teach them how to build a strategic system of lead production, which is the foundation of our business.

- Cold calling random SICs does not produce that strategic system.
    - Reading Zig Ziggler books on sales does not produce that strategic system.
    - Beating your chest with positive affirmations does not produce that strategic system.

You build the system from having strategic networks to get exclusive referrals, doing research on prospective listings to create exclusive data to call on, and/or you get a large credit line from the bank or you partner with Peter Thiel so you can spend $100,000 a month in marketing.

That's the business.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 04-06-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 51665

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Anyone else hear the Mic drop!?!
    only gmail accounts

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Having a different product mix is great, but the fact remains that if you are being hung up on the moment you mention that you are from a lending company, when do you get the chance to pitch the other products? This is a fact with calling UCC records today, the strategy is dead.

Furthermore, as I stated prior, the P2P product with the long terms/low rates, are not for the typical MCA clients. The typical MCA clients are not going to be approved for those types of deals in large percentages like they are for the MCA, just due to the higher criterion in place for said products. Reps pushing the P2P loan should be targeting "bank" clients.

This is still random cold-calling, which in my opinion does not work for our business in terms of longevity. Matter of fact, in my opinion, random cold-calling does not work for any professional sales position. It's lazy, it's unprofessional, it has no real business plan behind it and you can't forecast new sales from the activity.

What the guy ought to do, is some research to look for potential prospects in situations that they could possibly utilize financing. That's called secondary market research. Once a guy "creates" that list, then do the calling. That's called "warm-calling", which does work.

This business is all about "strategic systems". It's about designing a strategic system that continually produces "leads" of merchants who are in situations to utilize alternative working capital. And that "strategic system" is based on having exclusive data you call on (warm-calling), exclusive referrals, strategic networks/partnerships, and/or large marketing budgets.

Being a good salesman has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are match-makers.

We talk to a lead about their working capital situation and we set their expectation of pricing and approval, such as I should be able to get you $35k at a 1.20 over 7 months. If the merchant says that will work, we take an app and send said merchant to one of our network of funders who based on their lending standards, should be able to approve the deal at the estimated quote provided. Once approved, we spend the rest of our week chasing paperwork to complete whatever stage we are in the underwriting/closing process.

The honest reality is that 70% (or more) of the new brokers coming into our space would be better suited working the drive thru at Burger King. I'm 100% serious, they will make more money there than using the very bad strategy of randomly cold-calling out of a phone book to any SIC.

Nobody really sits these people down to actually teach them how to build a strategic system of lead production, which is the foundation of our business.

- Beating your chest with positive affirmations does not produce that strategic system.

You build the system from having strategic networks to get exclusive referrals, doing research on prospective listings to create exclusive data to call on, and/or you get a large credit line from the bank or you partner with Peter Thiel so you can spend $100,000 a month in marketing.

That's the business.
    John, your posts are always spot on from the small ISO perspective. Pay no mind to some of the the keyboard tough guys on here that are spoon fed applications all day, haven't made a cold call in years (if ever), but know how 'easy' it is to find viable candidates and low-interest term loans for small business by dialing for dollars.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post

That's the business.
    well said

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

I started in the industry 2.5 years ago with about $200 in a hotel room and am not super rich, but I'm happy with my income and quality of life (I do want I want, when I want). My advise is to try and make something off every deal. Sure 15 points is nice, but I will ALWAYS settle for a few points on a term loan if that's what it takes to bring in the business. Big commissions are nice, but skinny still deals add up.